1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

admin for android phone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by nik c, Sep 19, 2011.

1. nik c

nik c Lurker

Hi,

I am wondering if android phones do have the same kind of user and permission structure that is foudn on computers. I am looking to set up the phone with a certain amount of apps, etc and then lock it as administrator and give it to the user, who then can only use what is installed.

Is that possible?

Thanks,
    Nik C

Advertisement

2. Intruder

Intruder Android Enthusiast

It needs to be rooted to gain SU

3. B2L

B2L Android Expert

That doesn't really answer the question, I think you misunderstood.

OP: There may be another way to do this, but as far as I know you would need to download an app that will help you lockout specific apps (Market) The only problem is you can only lock down so much. Since you could still install apps from the SD card, and still have access to quite a few other things.

As far as I know, you can't have multiple user accounts, like you can with Windows.

4. John Redcorn

John Redcorn Android Enthusiast

There was a free app of the day on amazon a few days ago called "seal" that sounded like it does a lot of what you want.

I saved it cause we might use it on the cm7 nook to protect it from the kids but I haven't actually installed or used it yet.

this is the regular market link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sebastian.seal&hl=en

5. arnold22

arnold22 Member

The app seem to only lock existing app which are already install on the phone but it does not seem to stop someone from download an APK or app from another market to the SD card and installing it.