1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Admire rooted with busybox need help with flashing roms and nandroid backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AndroidDaytona, Dec 22, 2011.

1. AndroidDaytona

AndroidDaytona Well-Known Member

I have rooted and installed busybox.... Ive downloaded rom toolbox, rom manager, wireless tether, and webkey. I really want to flash a rom to my admire but cant figure out how to backup existing rom and which rom may be best for it? Thanks for any advice or suggestions... I just want to make most of what I have im a man with a budget lol

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gelige

gelige Well-Known Member

There are no existing roms that are working completely, but there are two developers in this forum that have been working on ROMS.

No one has posted how to backup the ROM, yet.

There is a ROM version 2.3.6 that has a long forum thread, but it is not 100% working. But the thread is good for you to read and get the background.

3. AndroidDaytona

Thanks man I know this is a mid range android but hoping to upgrade to esteem soon.

4. asheehanjr

asheehanjr Well-Known Member

Once you upgrade to the Esteem, trust me you will forget about the Admire. lol. It's with my LG Optimus M, in my desk drawer for spare phones. Just saying..... :D

5. crono209

crono209 Newbie

Soo true lol. I couldn't go back to an admire after owning a esteem. But I'm still curious about how the admires performance is when oc'ed. Oh not sure if u knew that the esteem now has cwm and a oc kernel at 1700mhz

6. AndroidDaytona

wow yah im gonna def upgrade but 300 high for my budget so hopefully some mods come out for admire b4 income tax comes out then give to gf when i upgrade...lol but i have this thing running great never laggy wifi tether runs internet very fast on my laptop so for paying $80 im very pleased since i started with a g1 im a noob to this but learning quickly through forums!

7. asheehanjr

I can understand what you saying. $350 is alot to swallow especially, when your on a limited income like I am, but I was able to get my Esteem for $249 at wirefly.com. IT was a little better to swallow at that price range. lol. Don't get me wrong the Admire is a great phone, it was a upgrade from the Optimus M, and loved it till the Esteem went on sale and I got some loans from school, and what I had left over, is when I bought the Esteem. Just saying. :)

8. asheehanjr

I was actually one of the testers when we where working on CWM for the Esteem and had the overclock kernel for a while now. I don't know if they have a CWM yet for the Admire and I doubt they even have a Overclock Kernel at that. I don't have the Admire anymore because I gave it to my Dad for X-MAS s. I couldn't even tell how how it would perform with a OC Kernel.

9. quechon

quechon Android Enthusiast

Hi guys this is my first time in this forum i got my samsung admire and since then ive been following unforgiven

Is unforgiven still working on a cwm and cm7 on admire and if he is have you guys heard any update about it when is he releasing a custom recovery for us.

10. AyahIam2nd

AyahIam2nd Lurker

what can i do i was installing a rom...should i just go buy anew one?

11. quechon

quechon Android Enthusiast

did you try pulling out the battery

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews