• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Admire rooted with busybox need help with flashing roms and nandroid backup

AndroidDaytona

Sep 15, 2011
Daytona Beach
I have rooted and installed busybox.... Ive downloaded rom toolbox, rom manager, wireless tether, and webkey. I really want to flash a rom to my admire but cant figure out how to backup existing rom and which rom may be best for it? Thanks for any advice or suggestions... I just want to make most of what I have im a man with a budget lol

I have rooted and installed busybox.... Ive downloaded rom toolbox, rom manager, wireless tether, and webkey. I really want to flash a rom to my admire but cant figure out how to backup existing rom and which rom may be best for it? Thanks for any advice or suggestions... I just want to make most of what I have im a man with a budget lol

There are no existing roms that are working completely, but there are two developers in this forum that have been working on ROMS.

No one has posted how to backup the ROM, yet.

There is a ROM version 2.3.6 that has a long forum thread, but it is not 100% working. But the thread is good for you to read and get the background.

Upvote 0
Once you upgrade to the Esteem, trust me you will forget about the Admire. lol. It's with my LG Optimus M, in my desk drawer for spare phones. Just saying..... :D

Soo true lol. I couldn't go back to an admire after owning a esteem. But I'm still curious about how the admires performance is when oc'ed. Oh not sure if u knew that the esteem now has cwm and a oc kernel at 1700mhz

Upvote 0
wow yah im gonna def upgrade but 300 high for my budget so hopefully some mods come out for admire b4 income tax comes out then give to gf when i upgrade...lol but i have this thing running great never laggy wifi tether runs internet very fast on my laptop so for paying $80 im very pleased since i started with a g1 im a noob to this but learning quickly through forums!

Upvote 0
wow yah im gonna def upgrade but 300 high for my budget so hopefully some mods come out for admire b4 income tax comes out then give to gf when i upgrade...lol but i have this thing running great never laggy wifi tether runs internet very fast on my laptop so for paying $80 im very pleased since i started with a g1 im a noob to this but learning quickly through forums!

I can understand what you saying. $350 is alot to swallow especially, when your on a limited income like I am, but I was able to get my Esteem for $249 at wirefly.com. IT was a little better to swallow at that price range. lol. Don't get me wrong the Admire is a great phone, it was a upgrade from the Optimus M, and loved it till the Esteem went on sale and I got some loans from school, and what I had left over, is when I bought the Esteem. Just saying. :)

Upvote 0
Soo true lol. I couldn't go back to an admire after owning a esteem. But I'm still curious about how the admires performance is when oc'ed. Oh not sure if u knew that the esteem now has cwm and a oc kernel at 1700mhz

I was actually one of the testers when we where working on CWM for the Esteem and had the overclock kernel for a while now. I don't know if they have a CWM yet for the Admire and I doubt they even have a Overclock Kernel at that. I don't have the Admire anymore because I gave it to my Dad for X-MAS s. I couldn't even tell how how it would perform with a OC Kernel.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones