• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Admired Monster 3.0 UPDATE (deodexed admiral beast)

Which cwm did you flash with. 5.0.2.7 or 5.0.2.8

that info should be in the requirements :). can the 5.0.2.8 flash everything that the 5.0.2.7 can flash? and if i were to install the 5.0.2.8 would i have to remove the 5.0.2.7 or does it just overwrite it? if i do have to remove it how would i do that? sorry for all the questions i just want to get to know this as much as possible so i don't brick my phone

Upvote 0
that info should be in the requirements :). can the 5.0.2.8 flash everything that the 5.0.2.7 can flash? and if i were to install the 5.0.2.8 would i have to remove the 5.0.2.7 or does it just overwrite it? if i do have to remove it how would i do that? sorry for all the questions i just want to get to know this as much as possible so i don't brick my phone

if you have 5.0.2.8 use the odin cwm flash to restore 5.0.2.7 and you should be good

Upvote 0
Alright, I flashed this ROM fine, I love it. Except for the SERIOUSLY low phone volume that even Volume+ can't fix. Also, the shading in text boxes is 1) Pretty annoying and 2) Very unappealing. Other than that, everything works great. Anyone know of a fix for the Volume?

its actually very VERY very simple. lol. As your setting your notification ringer (or listening to a tone) just hit vol up. lol. makes it hearable (i know thats not a real word. lol)

Upvote 0
its actually very VERY very simple. lol. As your setting your notification ringer (or listening to a tone) just hit vol up. lol. makes it hearable (i know thats not a real word. lol)

I know, I've changed it all. BeatsAudio helped fix the Sound, and know its back to my Original Volume level. I'm still trying to change the text box....

Upvote 0
What carrier do you have? Everything works fine for metropcs from what I gather... but I put this rom on an ntelospcs phone and could never get the pictext (mms) to work right.. but I know there is a way to patch the correct APNs to it fix it... just haven't had any luck myself... but everything else works fine!

I'm just waiting for some more ext4 roms cooked up for the admire.. ATM there's only one that does ext4 and its still in alpha stage...

Good luck...

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing!
Just have a few questions.
How did you get the boot animation file (booani.qmg)? Did you extract it from another stock rom? or did you make it by yourself? I tired to replace a the original metropcs bootani.qmg with some qmg I found for samsung galaxy, but it did not show correctly. I heard that *.qmg is a samsung patent file? just wondering if there is any freeware that can creat similar files.
Second question. I'm on pageplus not metroPCS now. I am just wondering if there is any way to change the carrier banner information that is shown on the lock screen from mectroPCS to pageplus?
I have tried using QPST and it did not work.
Also tried to modify the eri.xml in /system/framework/framework-res.apk --> xml/eri.xml, did not work either.

any idea about these?

Upvote 0
Installation
1) Download Rom
2) Boot into recovery
3) Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
4) Format system & data ( its in mounts and storage ) i format the cache also just in case.
5) Install zip from sd-card

im sorry but this doesn't really help me with the installation process im confused on wether i should wipe everything including the sd card
and also if i do that how will i install it throught the sd card.. >>confused<<

Upvote 0
Welll installed this and it is amazing , but he is just some feedback for you

1. i found that the scrolling up and down is really delayed/laggy
2. i also forund that the click/pressing a button was also delayed or laggy( i would have to press it again to get it to move on)

these arent really big problems just somethings i noticed ;)

Upvote 0
Welll installed this and it is amazing , but he is just some feedback for you

1. i found that the scrolling up and down is really delayed/laggy
2. i also forund that the click/pressing a button was also delayed or laggy( i would have to press it again to get it to move on)

these arent really big problems just somethings i noticed ;)

well we also got Monster 4 and Monster 5, 5.1, 5.2. 5.3. the successors of Monster 4. might want to check them out. updates to roms are always good my friend

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones