1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Adobe Flash for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - how to install

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by safesite, Jan 6, 2013.

1. safesite

safesite Newbie
    None

Feb 23, 2012
    Busy
    At home
    Hi,

I just got my girlfriend the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 as a Christmas present.

I set it up for her since it was her first smartphone and it's all fine and good now.

However, there is a little problem.

I can't find a working Adobe Flash player on "Google Play" since it seems that Adobe has pulled the plug on that darn thing. Beats the heck out of me as to why they would do this but from what I could read on the internet it happened around August 2012 and now this thing isn't any longer supported for the Ace and some other devices.

Now the question is..., how do I get this downloaded and working on the Ace without having to do the whole circus with changing to custom ROM etc...? I would like to keep the original OS due to possible issues with the seller and the warranty (there is already one problem which is a faulty proximity sensor that actually has to be fixed under that warranty).

I am looking for a simple and clean install here. I don't have a problem with the security of the older Flash Player if anybody should ever wonder. I'll take this as a calculated risk (it's a girl's phone so I don't think it will ever wander to the darker corners of the internet, let alone that she knows how to get there). ;)

So if there is anybody out there with a good idea - no matter how small or big - shoot right from the hip.

Thanks in advance for your time and kind help...! :)

PS. I stumbled upon this website which lists a solution for this issue but am uncomfortable with downloading stuff like this directly from some page I don't know nothing about nor what the apk consists of. Might be serious though but have no clue. Anybody with some input on this one?

Adobe Flash Player 11.1 for Samsung Galaxy Ace [Working] [Video] | Ace Tips

Advertisement

2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    Hey mate.
    If it s just for you tube you wont need to install a flash player but if its for watching videos on the net you will.
    Also i have moved your thread to the ace section ;)

3. safesite

safesite Newbie
    None

Feb 23, 2012
    Busy
    At home
    Hi Liamo,

pardon me for adding this to the wrong forum.

Thanks for your help as well but it is needed in order to watch some sites on the internet that use flash for things such as menus etc.

Youtube is already installed on this Ace as an app and it works fine. However, websites don't and this is where the problem occurs.

You got any ideas or comments on the link I posted? :)

4. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    Ye it looks like people got it to work but you would have to root the device. This voids the warranty and you could risk breaking the advice.

5. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
  6. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert
    None

Aug 19, 2011
    Delhi
    Don't bother with it, it doesn't work. I have tried all the possible updates and different modified released for the flash player, this phone is just not compatible with it. Even the one you posted does not work well.
    At the most you will get a partial working flash, not much good though.

All you can do is to stream the videos to your phone's video player app and watch it, and i think that's what the phone already does if you click on any video on the net.

7. insekticide

insekticide Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Male
    IT System Administrator
    Germany
    i can only agree. If you get flash to work after rooting and what not, it will not work smoothly. The Ace never officially supported flash.