1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Adobe Flash on Android but not iPhone

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by JoeSchmoe007, May 23, 2011.

1. JoeSchmoe007

JoeSchmoe007 Well-Known Member

To explain my perspective: I've been using clamshell WinMo phone (PN-820) until 4 months ago. Then I purchased Droid Incredible. Never had an iPhone and never really followed iPhone news closely.

Now as you know Flash works just fine on Android phones (starting from OS v. 2.2 AFAIK)

If I recall correctly Apple arguments for not having Flash on iPhone were increased power consumption and CPU load (correct me if I am wrong).

I think one can assume that iPhone is similar to an "average" Android phone with regards of power consumption and CPU power.

But then none of Apple arguments hold water.

What am I missing here?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

Here's the reason iOS doesn't support flash; direct from the horse's mouth (Steve Jobs).

Thoughts on Flash

JoeSchmoe007 likes this.
  3. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast

in short saint jobs doesn't like anything that's proprietary

oh wait............................

TheBrit likes this.
  4. JoeSchmoe007

JoeSchmoe007 Well-Known Member

I read the article novox77 linked to. So there are more reasons than I mentioned. I still think about 80-90% of the reasons mentioned are BS. I can agree with the rest of reasons.

Saying Flash is bad because is proprietary is especially ironic coming from Apple. When I was looking for a new phone coming from Windows Mobile I did look at iPhone but when I realized there is no file system and I can't even use it as USB drive out of the box I went elsewhere.

5. TheBrit

TheBrit Android Expert

Welcome to the world of Android :D

6. Honestly,YES Apple just called the kettle black and YES its stupid about the lack of file system, memory expansion and etc.

HOWEVER i see validity in most of the points he has made, even if im not well versed in the HTML5/CSS/Java/WebKit area.

The article makes it sound like Adobe is trying to pull a Steve "JOB" on Steve Jobs. You dont walk up to a fire engine and try to call YOURSELF red, its stupid.