• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Adreno Mod] GPU Performance

For #2's and giggles (lol)
View attachment 95965

I flashed the Volt UNO kernel. Here are the settings I used, in attached photos, which I normally wouldnt have set as such (not the right settings for balance). Even with enabling GPU algorithm in photo 3, still maintained similar results.
View attachment 95967 View attachment 95966View attachment 95968 View attachment 95969

And last screenshot will be from developer options
View attachment 95970

But thats what I had to tweak to get those numbers, with the mod in place.
@redspeed what do you have your settings at to achieve your results?
On the stock kernel I couldnt get any higher results than 15,000.

Everything is stock on zd6 I just debloated all the apps I could.

Upvote 0
Everything is stock on zd6 I just debloated all the apps I could.
Then the stock (rom, kernel, GPU) numbers you and I have dont make sense (when I reflashed to complete stock), there's too much of a difference (avg. difference of 2000 points). Like I posted earlier, I couldn't get more than 15,000 - while most tests were ~13,800.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But as far as GPU benchmarks on mod, didnt do stock GPU. Already did enough testing for today. :eek:

Screenshot_2015-10-26-20-36-34.png
Screenshot_2015-10-26-20-36-07.png
Screenshot_2015-10-26-20-09-57.png
Screenshot_2015-10-26-19-59-57.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ran Antutu a few times and took a screenshot on the second run results. I attached screenshots of the results, though I cant see a clear difference though. With the mod off I scored a bit higher overall eachtime, but it could just be random. Not sure Antutu is accurate enough to test the mod?
We are wanting to look primarily at GPU since this is a GPU mod.:p

Upvote 0
Since we're throwing benchmarks around, I ran 2 tests with 3Dmark. One normal, and one in safe mode. The safe mode test was 14 points higher than normal, while the normal test was only 2 points higher than average...
This was with no other performance tweaks besides this one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Then the stock (rom, kernel, GPU) numbers you and I have dont make sense (when I reflashed to complete stock), there's too much of a difference (avg. difference of 2000 points). Like I posted earlier, I couldn't get more than 15,000 - while most tests were ~13,800.

Not sure why youre scoring lower. Are you on a deodexed rom maybe? Could explain why youre getting lower benchmarks. I found an older screenshot of I believe zd4 stock without changing anything when I first ran Antutu and got 18600. Nothing at all was changed on the phone aside from disabling several apps from running. I was surprised the phone benches higher than my Galaxy S3

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-19-20-50-59.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-19-20-50-59.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
Since we're throwing benchmarks around, I ran 2 tests with 3Dmark. One normal, and one in safe mode. The safe mode test was 14 points higher than normal, while the normal test was only 2 points higher than average...
This was with no other performance tweaks besides this one.
Safe mode???:thinking:
We have that??o_O
Whats the key combo?!?!:D

Upvote 0
Not sure why youre scoring lower. Are you on a deodexed rom maybe? Could explain why youre getting lower benchmarks. I found an older screenshot of I believe zd4 stock without changing anything when I first ran Antutu and got 18600. Nothing at all was changed on the phone aside from disabling several apps from running. I was surprised the phone benches higher than my Galaxy S3
Yay, im on zv5 deodexed Xperia rom. Highest score I could get was ~18,700, didnt think having it deodexed would affect the CPU score like that.

The problem with most of these benchmarks is that they don't give real world results. What works for getting great results isnt practical for everyday use. There were a few apps that I had messed with last night that deal mainly/only with GPU testing, thats were we need to be if we want some "proper" results. BUT....

To test the mod...here it is...
Find that one game or streaming video that always glitches, stutters, freezes or... and then use the mod. Does it help with gameplay and graphic smoothness?
The question is: "does it help you with your device?" It does on mine, and thats what I care about.:):)

Upvote 0
Didn't know about the long press on power off.
2 :cool:!!
I tried all sorts of button combos, nothing :(

I didn't know about the long press on the power menu to get safe mode but I do know safe mode can be had on the stock rom by holding down volume down and the home button the moment you see the LG logo during boot. Hold the volume down and the home button together from the moment the LG logo shows all the way till you get to the lock screen, you should see the safe mode indicator at the bottom left of your volt screen.

Reactions: HasH_BrowN
Upvote 0
Easiest way to get safe mode is to hold power off on the power menu until it pops up the safe mode prompt. There's a key combo, but not sure what it is... Vol down +home +power maybe?

I didn't know about the long press on the power menu to get safe mode but I do know safe mode can be had on the stock rom by holding down volume down and the home button the moment you see the LG logo during boot. Hold the volume down and the home button together from the moment the LG logo shows all the way till you get to the lock screen, you should see the safe mode indicator at the bottom left of your volt screen.
Thanks both of you. The button combo seems to take forever. Lol. It sure does limit your apps shown in app drawer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones