1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Adroid in Education!? Help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Troood, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Troood

Troood Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    e learning Consultant
    Hi,

I work in the Education sector and am a big fan of android but not being very technical I have a few issues.

I have an HTC Desire HD which I adore but I did have some problems setting it up with my google account. Followed ideas from this forum and it works perfectly so thank you all! :)

However... I convinced my workplace to try the new HTC flyer (my husband has one) and I think it holds a massive amount of potential in education but here comes my problem!

PROXY SETTINGS!!!!!!! Again I followed some tips and that's no longer a problem but the order in which you do things is! In order to get the google account to work it needs to be done on start up??! but this can't happen because I have to put the proxy settings in first!

Anyone have one that can help I'm floundering and worried that pupils and teachers alike will miss out because of something so stupid!

Anyone also know about the DELL streak and how to access proxy settings on those???

Sorry for the whinge that went with my question (female ;) )

Advertisement

2. Troood

Troood Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    e learning Consultant
    ooops, sorry wrong place to ask this. please bump me to wherever I should be I got a little lost! :eek:

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Welcome to AF!

I'm not sure there is really a good answer for you about the proxy, but phones could at least log in over 3G/2G if either have that.

I'm a bit surprised it wont let you get to the proxy setting though when you try loggin in. It usually will allow you to configure the WiFi and proxy settings are important parts of that.

Anyways, you could try asking more in the HTC Flyer forum or the Dell Streak forums

Here are the links (was unsure what Dell model you have)

HTC Flyer

Dell Streak (Mini 5)

Dell Streak 7
    Dell Streak Pro

hope that helps!

4. Troood

Troood Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    e learning Consultant
    Thank you so much for this. I have posted in other areas now, thank you for pointing me in the right direction :)