• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adroid radio app similar to Pocket Tunes?

Looking for an Android radio app similar to Pocket Tunes for the Iphone/Ipod Touch that will enable me to listen to local/regional BBC stations on my Verizon Droid. Unable to launch BBC's iPlayer as a Flash Player for Android 2.x has not been released yet. Pocket Tunes' rebroadcast does not require a flash player. None of the apps I've tried in Market Place has been able to capture local BBC stations. If there's one out there, please advise.

You folks will like "Radio Time". This has all BBC streams as well as anything else that streams. SHOUTcast is part of this app and you can stream Clear Channel through Tune Mobe on the app. On the road the website "Yourmuze.fm" is good but with no Android app you will need to stream through your browser and set this up on your computer. It's advantage is controlling the bit rate (lowering this will stop 128 streams from dropping out in poor signal areas, lot's of those).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones