1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Ads in Apps Force Browser to Open

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Menma, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Menma

Menma Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    So I got myself a Nexus S about 2 weeks ago, and it was working fine for the first week. However, these past few days, the banner ads in apps have been opening in the browser rather than within the app itself, i.e. there is a blank browser window and the ad is in the top of it. It happens in ASTRO and in Advanced Task Killer; probably others too but I haven't used them when connected to the internet. Anyone know how to fix this problem? I've already tried restarting the phone but to no avail. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Crimson13

Crimson13 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2010
    System Designer
    Have you installed any alternate browsers that may have changed the default browser behaviour?

3. Menma

Menma Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    I installed Firefox, but uninstalled it after. Everything was still working as normal then, though.

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Male
    Private Security
    Seattle
    I am not sure how to fix your issue because I have no ads in my apps. If it really bothers you, you can eliminate all you ads by rooting your phone and installing AdFree.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend you uninstall Advanced Task Killer or any other Task killer on your phone, not only is it unnecessary, but it will decrease performance and increase battery drain.

Tags: