1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Advanced questions on Alcatel Fierce XL on MetroPCS. root/tether/video-issues

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by DJSkrilla, Apr 15, 2016.

1. DJSkrilla

DJSkrilla Lurker
    None

Apr 2, 2014
    Male
    IT Expert
    So I have a new Alcatel Fierce XL phone, I upgraded from the Galaxy Core Prime.
    For the money it is a steal.
    Anyways I have been having problems with a couple of things.
    (its un-rooted but I can do that if necessary)

Problems:
    Videos don't play correctly in IG. It seems to be loading then stops and puts the little replay icon and kind of glitches back and forth between that every time. Also videos back up on my google photos say they can't be played but its never been a problem on any other device. (guy at store suggested hard reset, but I haven't tried that yet)

Torrents:
    I installed Bittorrent and load a torrent in and the trackers load but it just sits there and says gathering torrent info and never starts the download. I tried running http://www.canyouseeme.org/ to check ports and it says it times out. Weird.

Tethering:
    I use the pre-installed tethering app and it works great. Now the guy at the store told me with $60 unlimited plan you get 8 gigs of LTE tethering. I would like a program that doesn't show up as tethering and works just as easy. I realize most of the good ones require root and usually I can figure out how to do that. So if you know of a good discreet tethering app and root app that would be ideal. I know a guy who told me he had a program and used 255gigs of tethering data in a month but I forgot the program he used.

For the money, I like this phone, the screen is good, its pretty quick and does everything I want. Besides the few minor issues I have I can definitely live with it. I got a really small case (special order and an awesome glass screen) it looks nice and the guy at Metro today told me it was the best looking XL he had seen.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisement

2. xyourxhighnessx

xyourxhighnessx Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 28, 2015
    You got taken my friend. The processor sucks. I had a 50 dollar metro cell phone from 2012 that gets higher benchmarks.
    Its a nice size and all but i dont like the ui. Or the fact they try to be apple with those icons.

There isnt much development for this Device either. No custom roms. No recovery...you can root it with kingroot but im unaware of another working method that would let you use su...but once again no recovery so one brick and you're finished (factory reset wont help in that situation)

Theres no tether workaround that im aware of that works with this device on metro

3. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Mar 18, 2013
    Male
    Janitor/cook I know strange two jobs to have
    Detroit Michigan
    LG motion master race spotted

alfick3 likes this.
  4. xyourxhighnessx

None

Apr 28, 2015
    Lol how did you know i was referencing the lg motion?

DirtyDee likes this.
  5. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Mar 18, 2013
    Male
    Detroit Michigan
    Because 2012 that phone was big boss same processing power of a s3 good storage cost 50 bucks takes me back my mom had one me my fiancé my eldest sister. It was a lil sleeper monster After the move to gsm I picked up phones with similar specs because lg took a step back with the F3/6 moved to Motorola attic hd

xyourxhighnessx likes this.
  6. DJSkrilla

DJSkrilla Lurker
    None

Apr 2, 2014
    Male
    IT Expert
    Well its not the speed I am talking about, the speed is fine I just want the videos fixed and I talked to the guy at Metro and he said for $60 you get 8gigs of tethering so I can live with that. Any other cracks/hacks would be helpful. I agree I like the samsung UI much better but I love the size of this phone. Can't beat the price for 5.5".....

7. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Mar 18, 2013
    Male
    Detroit Michigan
    I know it's to each their own but size one a trash phone is terrible imo. Just ends up being a bigger disappointment. And Alcatel tends to simply disappoint . So many Alcatel one touch with bad charging ports so many conquests (Boost mobile) that lagged outrageous. When phones like the LG volt ran circles around it... Zte has trash too

8. xyourxhighnessx

None

Apr 28, 2015
    I got stuck on a f6 for like a month because my phone self destructed. That thing was f**king terrible. 4gb storage and it comes out to about 1.2gb after all system and preloaded apps.

Performance wise it wasn't bad. But 1.2 gb is unbearable. I was about to format a sd card and use it for storage but then i ended up getting a new phone because a month was long enough on that f6 lol

9. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Mar 18, 2013
    Male
    Detroit Michigan
    That was that step back for some reason Lg thought that it was a good idea to do that, but metro guys got the F60 soon after and it was usable storage wise but I guess they were still smoking the wacky tobacky with boost Mobile variant with the tribute. Trying to sell that phone was a chore..Lg and sprint weren't seeing eye to eye imo.