• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advanced Task Killer: Solid App. Worth the bones...

digitard

Nov 2, 2009
ATK is a solid app. Does exactly what it says, and does it very efficiently. You have a lot of control through the menu system on what exactly you are shutting down (exclude list, all the usual bells and whistles, timer on how often, secondary ways to end apps, etc).

It's fully featured, and does exactly what it says... as I mentioned above. The only thing I noticed is that sometimes apps perform weird when this is running. My thought is that since it just hard shuts down pieces it may leave fragments of other portions either shut down, or not running right, which may cause some weird things. It's very VERY VERY uncommon, but once I uninstalled it those weird little things stopped. I do run quite a few apps, though, so this may not hit everyone or it may be specific to having dependencies with apps I like.

So I STILL endorse it, and say... pick it up, buddy. You'll enjoy it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones