1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Advanced Task Killer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ruffems, May 26, 2011.

1. ruffems

ruffems Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    If this has been asked before forgive me for asking it again.

Why in Advanced task killer do I have applications that show as in memory without my ever loading them?

For example Amazon MP3 - I've never opened yet it shows active in task killer.

The provided app Asphalt, which I really want off my phone but I'm not going ot root it just yet. It shows as in memory even though that last time I used it was the day I got the phone.

Just wanting clarification on these things.

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    This thread explains the reasoning behind it pretty well.

To add to what's said in the linked thread, if you download an app called System Panel from the market (they have a free version), it will show you the CPU being used by each app. You'll notice most, if not all, of the apps Advanced Task Killer is showing as running aren't using the CPU - they are just loaded up in your phones memory and inactive. Keeping inactive apps in your memory doesn't drain any more power than having empty memory - but it does mean your apps load faster if needed. Now, if you kill them with ATK and later on the phone restarts the app, that will drain power. So a task manager, assuming your apps are running properly, will actually degrade battery life.

Long story short, you don't need to worry about what is running on your phone - the phone will handle it for you :)