1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Adverts? And other issues, help appreciated

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sere83, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Sere83

Sere83 Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Hi there,

I got my g2 recently and it's great but I am having a few issues. Everytime i make a call, these stupid adverts seem to come up with a picture of the android character doing something and an advert above it (as soon as i start/finish the call) and I have to press the home button to get rid of it, anyone else experience this? Can I get rid of it?

Also my reception is not very sporadic, one minute i'll have 3 bars the next it will say I have no reception at all and can't do anything, any tips? I am also in london so shud have good reception.

Any help much appreciated

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Hi their :D

You haven't by any chance got an app called taps 10 or taps 300 or taps -{ Followed by a number}???

If so simply uninstall this app and this should sort it for you

Carl [​IMG]

3. Sere83

Sere83 Member

Nov 28, 2009
    H there,

Thanks for the reply. No I don't have those apps, but I had another camera app begininng with D and that was the cause, after I unisntalled the adverts dissapeared. This I think is one of the problems with the android app store, it is too unregulated, this type of stuff shudn't be allowed.

I've come to the conclusion that t-mobile is a rubbish network too. I am in North London and my reception is very volatile, and will often just cut out out. Every one in my house who is on orange, and 02 and also before when I was on vodafone all have full reception in my house. Not good...

4. mat

mat Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I'm a student.
    Manchester, UK
    With T-Mobile you can check what your signal strength will be at various locations (home,work,a friends house), you can do this on there website. Also you get a 7 day money back guarantee if your not happy with anything.

5. mushroom

mushroom New Member

Jan 4, 2010
    I have the same problem and I'm not sure which app it was. Which app was it for you, Sera83?

6. Sere83

Sere83 Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I can't actually remember to be honest as it was a while back, some game or task manager I think. Very annoying though...

7. Geoponic

Geoponic Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Male
    UK
    Yeah it's always best to check what the app your downloading uses on your phone.
    And of course ask yourself 'Why does a camera app need the internet?'

I'm on T-mobile.
    And I know from now on i always will be.
    I get excellent signal AND the customer service is by far the best i've ever spoken to

8. Sere83

Sere83 Member

Nov 28, 2009
    You should count yourself very lucky then, my t-mobile reception is horrendous. I am in North london and can't even get a consistent signal in my bedroom. Call drop outs are frequent, or calls just not even starting when I try and bell a contact, and even in covent garden the other day I couldn't get signal. I am seriously considering moving to orange as when ever I am on the internet on t-mobile it also ends up hanging...very dissapointed with the sevice.

Was on vodafone for 10 years with no reception problems ever, and they actually offered to match t-mobiles sim free offer but I didn't want to unlock the phone and change settings....wish I had now.