• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advice needed: Galaxy S3 vs HTC One SV vs LG Optimus F7

hidden202

Jul 24, 2013
I am looking to officially upgrade from my Motorola XPRT on Boost. I am down to these 3 phones. Why won't I switch from boost? My bill is 40 dollars a month with unlimited everything, so there's your answer if you're wondering. It's a pretty good deal and now It's going to be better with 4G LTE speeds (I know they throttle at 2.5 GB but I digress)

I'm looking at the HTC One SV, the GS3 and the LG Optimus F7. Pricing isn't really isn't too much of an issue at the moment but it does play its role in it.

Versus.com more or less tells me that the HTC One SV is technically better than the F7 but that's only because it's less weighty, smaller, etc. Those type of reasons.

And specs wise, the GS3 and the F7 aren't that far from each other. The big difference is storage where the F7 would need a SD Card for more space. That's fine.

I'm looking for an everyday phone that I can customize the hell out of, with a lengthy battery and multi tasking. I think the only reason why I have the HTC One SV listed is because of Beats and I don't think that's much of a positive from reviews I've read.

I'm making a decision within 48 hours so help would be appreciated ladies and gentlemen.

Reactions: urban legend
Beats on the HTC is just an equalizer setting. You can have the same equalizer setting on any other Android phone and label it as a custom preset named "BEATS". If that's the only reason for the One SV, you can remove it.

Anyway I choose the S3. Apart from already having more space than the F7, it can also use an SD card for even more additional space.

Upvote 0
I am looking to officially upgrade from my Motorola XPRT on Boost. I am down to these 3 phones. Why won't I switch from boost? My bill is 40 dollars a month with unlimited everything, so there's your answer if you're wondering. It's a pretty good deal and now It's going to be better with 4G LTE speeds (I know they throttle at 2.5 GB but I digress)

I'm looking at the HTC One SV, the GS3 and the LG Optimus F7. Pricing isn't really isn't too much of an issue at the moment but it does play its role in it.

Versus.com more or less tells me that the HTC One SV is technically better than the F7 but that's only because it's less weighty, smaller, etc. Those type of reasons.

And specs wise, the GS3 and the F7 aren't that far from each other. The big difference is storage where the F7 would need a SD Card for more space. That's fine.

I'm looking for an everyday phone that I can customize the hell out of, with a lengthy battery and multi tasking. I think the only reason why I have the HTC One SV listed is because of Beats and I don't think that's much of a positive from reviews I've read.

I'm making a decision within 48 hours so help would be appreciated ladies and gentlemen.
I have the GS3 now but had the HTC One SV before this one and I would choose the GS3 over my SV any day of the week so much faster and the screen is bigger. I just so happened to switch from the phone your talking about SV to GS3 and wouldn't look back at all. My vote for Boost services is GS3. Good Luck :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones