1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Advice needed on failed android market app!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by andyedward, Dec 27, 2011.

1. andyedward

andyedward Lurker
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    I try to use the market app but I keep getting kicked back out half a second later. The gmail app does the same, so I presume the two problems are linked. I have no other problems and gmail works fine when not used via the app. This thing is seriously pissing me off!

In settings, I tried to clear the data and cache from the market app, but the data reappears later.

I have a nexus s on 3, with the recent ICS 4.0.3 update.

Any advice would be gratefully received!

Advertisement

2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Retired
    Virginia
    What do you mean, Get kicked out? Are you saying that when you open the Gmail app on the phone that it opens and then closes suddenly, same for the Market?

Experiment for me this way so I can get a feel for your problem. On you computer go to log onto your Gmail account. If it works fine then follow this link and download an app to the phone from the computer. If you have problems on the computer from this link, it may be password related. After you choose an app, you may be asked to log in. If so, and it does not work, then the problem is not with the phone, unless you do not have a Gmail account on the phone. I do not know what would happen if you tried to open the Gmail app on the phone while not having an account.

https://market.android.com/apps

3. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male