1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Advice Needed Re: Buying Android Tablet in UK

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by jeeves838, Apr 17, 2012.

1. jeeves838

jeeves838 Lurker

Hiya, I know there's some other threads that are similar to what I'm asking, but I'm after specific things in a tablet.

I'm after true Google android 2.2 or higher
    fast processor
    2.0 USB ports
    good battery life
    Google apps
    Kindle
    front-facing camera
    2-speakers
    Wi-Fi
    Flash 10

Ideally would like a bigger screen than 7", but would keep with a 7" if it was a really decent tablet for not much money. I'm not after a brand new one, as long as a used one has been looked after. I just want something dependable that I can have fun with without being disappointed because it's Chinese. I've been sold two that were supposed to be for the UK, but strangely were not, and I'm getting tired of playing this tablet game, but really enjoyed playing with it when it worked.

Can I get all or most of the above for less than

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

You wont get new for that price

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

We are often disappointed with these things, even in China. Probably won't get much for 80 quid though, can you stretch to 150?

4. jeeves838

jeeves838 Lurker

Well I did say I would be okay with buying a used one ... I know that's not a big budget for a nice tablet, only asking for suggestions on what's out there that might have MOST of what I want and is dependable and not a bad Chinese knockoff.

What does anyone think of Archos Arnova 8?

Thank you

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Yeh, I think the Archos devices are fine. Arnova 8 should do what you require. About 100 new I think.

BTW I know a few Chinese people who don't want Shenzhen off-brand or Chinese knock-off either, they know what these things can be like, and so do I.