• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advice on getting a Samsung Vibrant

J

johankid

Hey guys,

I have been looking at the Samsung Vibrant for a while now and am planning on getting it. I am on T-Mobile's $50 prepaid plan (which I think has also upgraded to unlimited data as well as calling and texting according to a text I received from them). So I have to shell up the full price either on ebay or amazon - I am trying to keep it to 200 - 250 dollars. My question is as the vibrant is around a year old now, is it recommended to get it or move on to some of the newer phones? I am really afraid of it slowing down as I had gotten a myTouch 3G earlier this year but the performance was terribly slow, I had to sell it and revert back to my Samsung Mythic.

My second concern is this. Right now I have the Samsung Mythic, which uses Samsung New PC Studio to sync all my contacts which worked fine, but does anyone have an easy way of transferring those onto Samsung Kies or Gmail contacts easily? I know you can export the contacts as npf (which are useful only to New PC Studio), lef, csv, and vcf files. I tried exporting as csv file and importing it into gmail, but that did not get me the results I wanted. The other method is to import the vcf files manually (importing each contact one at a time to gmail which gets what I want but takes a long time as I have around 150 contacts).

Any advice/guidance on these two issues would be greatly appreciated.

I just recently got a Samsung Vibrant - unlocked off of ebay myself a few weeks ago.
If you have a certain price range, which I see you do, I'd look on e-bay to see if you can find one within your price range. Even being and "older" model phone they are still quite expensive in what I saw when looking for one.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones