1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Advice on my issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stinkygrinch, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Stinkygrinch

Stinkygrinch Lurker

So I'm quite new to fixing droids... But here is a video that shows my issue. I just replaced the digitizer on this phone. also the phone has been sitting around for several months. Will not start up past the white HTC EVO 4G screen. It never even get's to the sprint annamation. When I boot in to the hboot menu it will stay there no issue so I don't think it's battery related. Seems my OS os damaged maybe?

Here is a link to a video I made showing the issue: http://youtu.be/_Dpctv3Szf0

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Stinkygrinch

Stinkygrinch Lurker

This phone is not rooted by the way.

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

ok so let see if you can get to the bootloader screen. pull the battery out and then press and hold power+vol down. once you are in bootloader select clear storage. this will do a factory reset. hopefully that will work.

4. Stinkygrinch

Stinkygrinch Lurker

I tried that before. No luck. Trying it again. Are you saying to pull the battery out hold the two buttons down then put the battery in? I have been able to get in to the boot loader and ran clear storage. I think it says it's restarting then it goes black nothing happens.

5. ocnbrze

sorry no put the battery back in then press and hold power+vol down. ok so that is good that you can get into bootloader. what is your hboot? it is found on the bootloader screen.

6. Stinkygrinch

Stinkygrinch Lurker

HBOOT 2.16.0001

It took me forever to get it to power up.... But once it does I can load hboot with no issue. I'm beginning to think this main board may be the problem :(

7. ocnbrze

not sure if this will work for you, but you can try and run a ruu. however, you will need a card reader to get this file onto your sd card.

here are the steps:
    1.download this:PC36IMG_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.53.651.1_Radio_2.15.00.0808_NV_2.15_release_209995_signed.zip
    2.rename the file by deleting everything but the PC36IMG
    3.transfer the file to the sd card, make sure not to put it in and folders, just on the card
    4.boot into hboot
    5.if it is named correctly and on the card and not in any folders then it should ask you to update.
    6.select yes and then reboot

hopefully this will work.

8. Stinkygrinch

Stinkygrinch Lurker

Thanks I'll try this and let you know.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews