• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I flashed through my current recovery and the recovery changed from 0.3.2 to 0.3.4. I made sure I downloaded the 0.5.0 version, the file is even named SXTP_Agat_GC01-v0.5.0.
I don't understand what went wrong?? Does the zip have to be on internal memory or something because I put it in my extsd under clockworkmod-backup.
Do you have any idea why when I did this that I'm not on v0.5.0?

Upvote 0
That's what I was trying to get at, it's been a long day for me, I just didn't clarify other than saying they are good to go

That is fine, but remember you want to use the same version of the recovery kernel to do the restore. A newer version of recovery does not mean it works with the backup made on the older version. Best practice with our phone is to keep a copy of the recovery kernel you made the nandroid with to use for restoring of that backup.

Upvote 0
True, it is good practice to make sure you have the same one. But in this instance I can verify it works from 0.3.2 to 0.3.4

Not for TW Jelly Bean unfortunately. The first version of that recovery kernel did not backup one of the partitions and so a restore to it from CM10 would lead to problems. We have not had a fully working recovery on the TW JB ROMs until version 0.4.0 of the recovery kernel came out.

Upvote 0
Use the el29 direct boot kernel(safe kernel). Wipe/Factory reset, flash the FL24 modem, flash wild for the night, then flash the gaps, then the boostmmsfix.zip, then boot into cm10.1. Install titanium backup pro, then apn manager pro. Use TB to make APN pro a system app. Fix the apn with the correct info and you are good to go. Let me know if you have any problems finding any of those things.
Question, since I am coming from a jb modem, do I need to flash the fl24 modem first before I flash the el29 direct boot kernal, or can I install the kernal, then the modem?? On the installation video on wild for the night xda thread, it says to flash the modem first, just want to make double check the right procedure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones