• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Advice on selling rooted EVO

CylonWolf

Jun 8, 2010
Ok, so Im selling my EVO 4G, which is currently rooted. I want to get some advice on the best condition to sell it in that will maximize profit and protect me just in case the person buying doesnt understand rooted phones. Mostly Im wondering which is the best ROM to put on the phone for resale, but any related advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ok, so Im selling my EVO 4G, which is currently rooted. I want to get some advice on the best condition to sell it in that will maximize profit and protect me just in case the person buying doesnt understand rooted phones. Mostly Im wondering which is the best ROM to put on the phone for resale, but any related advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

If I were you, I would completely unroot the thing and make sure it's completely updated stock.

Sell it like that, but once you sell it ask the buyer if they are interested in root, then go from there. You can't go wrong with an unrooted stock phone. It gives the sense that it's "untainted" with root. If that makes sense. :rolleyes:

My .02

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones