1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Advice on tablets...?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by hon3ybee74, Dec 27, 2011.

1. hon3ybee74

hon3ybee74 Lurker

I am considering a tablet for my kid. She is 11 and she has dyslexia. I have an Ipod touch which has been great for both of us, but we have also enjoyed my htc Desire droid phone. The apps are great on both. I was thinking if there were apps that were similar to some learning software such as reading blaster and math blaster. Having audio recording would be great for repeating and listening to oneself telling a story so one can write it down. She tells the best stories but can't yet write fast enough and still remember the story. She really dislikes writing and spelling.
    Ipads are so big and expensive, so I have been looking at Acer Iconia and Samsung Galaxy. Both have expandable memory. I'm thinking she could grow into them. However I have also been looking into leappad explorer. Which seems babyish but I like the selection of games. I was even wondering if the Wii had any educational spelling games. Audio, visual, kinesthetic in combination are the key to really remembering. The Wii has that. Any advice is great thanks:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Go look through some places that have tablet apps. Some will run on wifi only, some need a network.
    You can go to Android Market, they have an education menu and check out the apps. Amazon will also let you see what's available.

Trouble is the way things are filed. You might have a very good number learning app, but it's under games rather than education. The same for a game for coordination. I just saw Simon as an app. Also might be under kids or reference.

I've seen some very interesting educational apps while searching for astronomy apps.
    I don't have a young child, so can't remember exactly what the apps were, but I do remember thinking that the app would be nice. We had a TI speak and spell, so the apps would have been in this category.

3. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab and I am loving it so far, but I am not sure if the 10.1 would help your problem seeing as it's a high price item and might be a little complicated for an 11 year old. ( please don't take offense to that as I am not sure how knowledgeable your daughter is with eletronics).