• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ADVICE] SD Card Brand

Jarpee

Apr 17, 2010
Tennessee
So, I have been having trouble flashing ROMs and using my recoveries in CWM since I rooted about a month ago. I went through all possible remedies and posted several threads in multiple sites, but could not find a solution (see my other threads, haha). Finally, I decided to go ahead and buy a new sd card (16gb Sandisk class 2 from newegg) and now EVERYTHING is working as it should be!! I have flashed a ROM and flashed CWM 3.xxxx with no trouble at all. My previous sd card brands were Kingston, and an unmarked one I got off Ebay. I also had several errors prior to rooting with those sd cards. I continued to get the mounted as read only notification about once every month, and the sd card really didn't like angry birds, because whenever an update for the app would come out I would get a FC error. All that is fixed now to my knowledge just by bucking up, and paying the extra 15 dollars for a legit sd card. Figured I would share this knowledge with anyone who is looking to buy an sd card or having similar problems.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones