1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Advice - Thinking of buying a Galaxy S

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kersey, Apr 16, 2011.

1. kersey

kersey Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    Hi all,

Am thinking of picking up a Galaxy S on PAYG for just over

Advertisement

2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Don't buy it now. Samsung is just about to release the Galaxy S2, which is obviously meant to replace the Galaxy S, which is almost one year old. There are much better phones coming up in the next few months. Right now is probably the worse time to be buying a new phone.

Even if you are interested in the Galaxy S because of its cheaper price at the moment, you should still wait. Prices are bound to drop even further after the release of the S2. I would wait a month after the S2 is released before grabbing the I9000. There is bound to be hundreds if not thousands of people selling their second hand I9000, and prices will drop like a brick.

3. lilien98

lilien98 Newbie
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    No probs with sweaty hands, even no one after cycling....

Ringtone is loud and clear. Anyway, I think you are able to install your own ringtone if you want to....

Incoming calls are perfect for me. Of all mobile phones I have used before only Blackberry was better...

Video is very good. The camera is good as well. I do not miss a flash, but because it is a mobile it is not as handsome as an ordinary camera would be. So I use my phone for videos and my digicam for photos, if I got it with me. Otherwise the the SGS camera is really good enough, as long as it is not midnight...

I recommend FROYO 2.2.1 firmware with a good custom Rom and a good Kernel at the moment. I use Juwe's custom Rom with Damian's Ultimate Kernel. This makes the Galaxy unbelievable fast and smooth. But a stable Gingerbread version is going to roll out right now and this can change everything. If you will try my recommended version first, try Voodoo Soundfix as well. It is brilliant...