• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Advice with ROM Upgrade

Jul 29, 2011
Hi all a few questions if all ok been reading and reading and all i have managed to do is confuse myself.

I am Currently running
BASEBAND VERSION = I9100NEKF2

KERNEL VERSION = 2.6.35.7-I9100XWF4-CL280512 ROOT@DELL151 #2

BUILD NUMBER = GINGERBREAD.XWKF4

Now i have rooted the phone and installed the full version off Titanium Backup and Uninstalled all the garbage preinstalled games i could not remove and also froze all the samsung hub's and a few other things like the aucuweather etc.

I did all the rooting part as was hoping that it would help with my battery life but it have not really made a difference.

I have been reading that XXKG5 will improve the battery alot. But i dont know what one i need or if i can flash onto my phone.

Also do i need to unfreeze every thing to update rom ? and last question after installing the new rom would i just get root the same way i did befor.

Sorry for being dence people thing i been reading to much into it now.

Upvote 0
not sure what you're asking - if you've followed this webpage instructions and got root already, no need to do anything else.

CF root is just a different method of rooting, and does the same as the one-click root method you used.

do you mean you don't know which file you need to update your KF4 firmware to KG5???

in answer to the freezing apps question, it really should not change if you flash an update, so no need to worry. especially if you have already installed titanium backup - as long as you've backed up apps/data etc you will always be able to restore if anything changes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones