1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Advice

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by linds0390, Mar 21, 2011.

1. linds0390

linds0390 Member
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    I have been on this forum since September when the fascinate came out. I was having trouble choosing between the fascinate and incredible and even though my upgrade wasn't until March, I wanted to do my research and see what everyone's opinions were.

Now that the Thunderbolt is out, it seems as though that is the way to go. The Verizon customer at the store yesterday laid it all out for me and it seems as though this phone has everything that most people look for.

But of course I am coming to you guys, who I consider experts with valuable opinions to see what you guys think.

My upgrade is March 26, but I am thinking of upgrading the first week of April. Do you guys recommend that I go with Thunderbolt? Or are there glitches and such that make the phone not worth it and recommend that I go with the Fascinate/Incredible?

Advertisement

2. HTCTundaBow

HTCTundaBow Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    Ga
    TB is amazing. At first my battery life was my only complaint, but now, 4 days later, the battery life is decent. The 4G speeds I'm getting are faster than my Comcast speeds on my laptop.

3. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Ive had the Fascinate since Oct. Its still on 2.1 and still has GPS issues and bugs from the last update. I just picked up the TB and wow it is a huge leap forward from the Fascinate imho. Its snappier no lag and is way faster if you have 4g. Im very pleased with the TB in lue of my experiance with the Fascinate I will NOT be purchasing another Samsung product again. FYI my battery was at 60% last night after being off charge for 12 hours. And thats with regular use.

4. redraider1

None

Mar 15, 2011
    I recommend choosing the tb I had both the inc and the fascinate and the tb is great improvement over those two. Not to mention the fascinate is still on 2.1 and prob wont get updated anytime soon. The call quality is also much better on the tb than on the fascinate.

5. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Sales
    Massachusetts
    Get the Bolt. It's everything a high end Android device should be, and more :)

6. linds0390

linds0390 Member
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    i'm going to bump this to see what everyone else thinks :)

7. mrjinglesusa

mrjinglesusa Android Enthusiast
    None

May 3, 2010
    NoVA
    No complaints here (other than battery life). Although battery life seems to be getting a little better so we'll see.

I came from an HTC Incredible...

8. HTCThunderbolt

None

Feb 20, 2011
    Need one :(
    Concord NC
    My battery life is great OP..

9. skinien

skinien Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    I was bored so I wrote this comparison between the TB, Atrix, and the Captivate. As you probably know, the Fascinate is much like the Captivate so the review may be helpful :)

Edit: The new LTE Samsung comes out April 7th (according to Costco). I'm not sure if you feel the same way, but I will never buy a Samsung product again after how terrible my Captivate was. They seem to think that if you slap together really nice hardware, the software wont matter.

10. Binglut9

Binglut9 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 24, 2010
    Buffalo,NY
    My advice to you is wait until april and there will be more choice then just the tb .. i would wait just because new phones'will be coming out with bigger and hopefully better battry life and most of the lte data connection problems will be fixed if you can wait just do it .. it will make for'more and better choices which could'only help you out that is my advice.... obvious.y if you go on a TB forum the response is'going'to be one sided so ill try to be biased and my opinion is don't jump the gun with til end of march and there should be solid release dates for other 4g phones and you can evaluate better

11. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Virginia
    Honestly, if you're going to wait anyway, you may as well wait for the next few to come out so that you can compare them hands on in the store. I would steer clear of the Fascinate. The Incredible is great, but with the Incredible 2 coming, you may not want to go that route either.

The TB is an amazing device. I absolutely love it, and I have zero buyer's remorse. I know what's about to come out, and not the slightest twinge of "I should've waited."

12. djb28

djb28 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    I have a Fascinate. It is a wonderful phone. IF YOU ROOT IT! Then put Voodoo on it, And Hulu, And... See what im saying? If you do the things you need to do, It will be a great phone. But even then, I am wanting a larger phone. The Fascinate fumbles in my hands. I have large hands. So the Girl is taking over the Fascinate and im getting The TB tomorow. I know i will like it. I have been researching it for a few weeks and waiting like everyone else for it to come out. Just not as long. lol

13. destardi

None

Jan 8, 2010
    I had the DINC and Fascinate; DINC = charger port plastic cracked within 2 months, you could see the touch screen grid lines in any kind of light - felt cheap.

Fascinate - Nice phone, but L A G G Y. Damn it was laggy. Beautiful screen though, the AMOLED is really nice. Couldn't even get some games to load on it though, even though I though it was supposed to have a better processor for gaming?? Also, BING! I found a way around it, but it wasn't very smooth. I didn't root because I knew I wouldn't be keeping it very long.

(psst if you do get the Fascinate, download free "GPS Status" from the Android market, it 100% fixes Samsung's GPS issue).

And yes, go for the T-Bolt. I L O V E this phone.

14. LadyX

LadyX Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 20, 2011
    NYC
    I've had both the Incredible and the Fascinate and after playing around with my new Thunderbolt I can't see going back to either one of them. I'd agree that if you have to wait anyway, see what other phones will be around at that time so you have some more options, whether it be a different model coming out or if the current issues with the TB are fixed.

15. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    Male
    Celebration, FL
    Hands down the best phone on the market at the moment. If you're in a 4G area, it'll blow you away. Battery life could be better but it makes it through the day with some tweaks. I got the extended battery that many find repulsive but it lasts me 20 hours easily with moderately heavy use. The standard one would only last about 10.

16. linds0390

linds0390 Member
    None

Sep 28, 2010
    Thanks guys for all of your input! My upgrade is March 26 and my boyfriend's is April 6 so I will be upgrading somewhere in between those two dates. I currently have the Env Touch and the touch screen is completely shot. The phone itself works, but with the touch screen being shot, I want to upgrade as soon as possible. Unless the Incredible 2 is going to be extremely different than the TB and have features that it does not have, I am not sure it is worth waiting.