• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Advise on flashing recovery.img taken with CWM

Android959

Lurker
Dec 25, 2014
Hi community,
My device is old Samsung galaxy gio with android version 2.3.6. I use stock Rom and recently installed CWM 4.0.1.5 and later , fortunateley took a nandroid backup with no error messages. This CWM version has some bugs on display driwing and therefore some days later I installed CWM 6.0.4.7 while in the recovery mode of 4.0.1.5.

but unfortunately, cwm 6.0.4.7 did not work currectly , it gave many error messages like it cannot mount /cache/recovery/commands etc. There are such 4 "cannot mount "and 3 " cannot open file" error messages. Therefore I want to remove this 6.0.4.7 and return to previous 4.0.1.5 CWM mode.

As stated above, I had already taken nandroid backup with previous version of CWM. I checked that backup under the clockword mode on the SD card there are below files with .img extension.

cache
.android_secure
data
system
recovery
boot

I would like to know and be sure that , I wonder if the recovery.img file of above is related recovery and if I install it only (not the others) through terminal emulator , would it be a correct decision and will I return to previous custom recovery of 4.0.1.5

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones