1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ADW EX widget issues.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by KendallParis, Aug 30, 2011.

1. KendallParis

KendallParis Member

Okay, I dual boot from a SD. When I rebooted back into CM7, the widgets I had set up had a problem loading. Will I have to set up my widgets each time I boot in and out? There has got to be a way for everything to be set as this wasn't a problem with ADW, the free version.

Instructions, please?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Sorry, I use LPP. One recommendation I can make is not to move apps to sd as that can cause similar problems.

3. KendallParis

KendallParis Member

That's just it, none of them are on the SD. Should I load them on the SD since I boot from an SD?

4. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Moving apps to sd causes issues somewhat similar to yours so you don't want to do that. The problem comes when the sdcard is removed, missing or altered and the app misbehaves or icons disappear or your Nook spontaneously reboots.

In your case, if you've booted from the sd, "moving to sd" just means moving from program area to the data area of the sd.

Do you really need to dual boot?

5. stef7

stef7 Android Expert

FWIW, I've migrated three NCs to the rooted CyanogenMod7 encore nightly build 166 without muss and fuss. I cannot imagine having a dual boot system.

Isn't the Cyanogen slower if running off SD Card? I wouldn't want to do it.

6. KendallParis

KendallParis Member

I actually like the Nook's stock reader. I originally bought the thing so I would no longer be overrun with magazines all over my home, so I have to go back and forth. Not to mention, I will be going back at least once a week to get my free Friday book from Barnes & Noble. :D Hey, if they're giving them away...

If I lose my widgets, I guess I'll just set them back up. I was just hoping there was a way to keep them with the paid version. Thanks anyway.

No, CM7 doesn't seem to run slow. Then again, it just might, but it's a tablet and other than waiting for it to boot up, there's no delay. I guess I just don't know what everyone is doing with those extra fifteen seconds that they are looking for from some of these devices. I'm just happy to be running Android on a larger device than my phone, but cheaper than the average Android tablet. It's a luxury at this point.