1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

ADW Launcher EX - contact shortcut glitch after last update (V. 1.3.3.55)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Matzah Man, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Matzah Man

Matzah Man Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    Self Employed
    Vancouver, BC
    Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem after the update on Dec. 7 to V.1.3.3.56:

My contacts shortcuts that you can put on your desktop no longer work when inside a folder. I get the following error message: "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

To be more clear - I like to use Contact Shortcuts (Long press homescreen>Shortcuts>Contact>select contact) for all of my favorite contacts. Before this update I used to keep all of my favorite contacts in a cutom folder on my dock bar. I would tap the folder, then tap the contact, then choose call/text/email/etc. I found it was the best way to handle my favorites.

After the last update this no longer works when the contacts are in a folder. They work fine when they are just on the desktop, but not in a folder - regardless if the folder is on the desktop or the dockbar.

Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone have any ideas if there is something I can do to fix it? I really liked that system... I find the "Starred Contacts" option to be far inferior...

Thanks!
    M

HTC Desire Z on Bell
    CM7.1
    ADW EX V.1.3.3.56

Advertisement

2. bigdrew

bigdrew Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    Connecticut USA
    I don't use contact folders but I just tried one on the wallpaper instead of the dock and I got the same result. Also on cm7.1. You should check to see if a bug report has been filed.

Matzah Man likes this.
  3. Matzah Man

Matzah Man Newbie
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    Self Employed
    Vancouver, BC

Probably a pretty novice question... but where would I check for a bug report?

Thanks,
    M.