1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ADW Launcher EX - contact shortcut glitch after last update (V. 1.3.3.55)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Matzah Man, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Matzah Man

Matzah Man Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem after the update on Dec. 7 to V.1.3.3.56:

My contacts shortcuts that you can put on your desktop no longer work when inside a folder. I get the following error message: "Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

To be more clear - I like to use Contact Shortcuts (Long press homescreen>Shortcuts>Contact>select contact) for all of my favorite contacts. Before this update I used to keep all of my favorite contacts in a cutom folder on my dock bar. I would tap the folder, then tap the contact, then choose call/text/email/etc. I found it was the best way to handle my favorites.

After the last update this no longer works when the contacts are in a folder. They work fine when they are just on the desktop, but not in a folder - regardless if the folder is on the desktop or the dockbar.

Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone have any ideas if there is something I can do to fix it? I really liked that system... I find the "Starred Contacts" option to be far inferior...

Thanks!
    M

HTC Desire Z on Bell
    CM7.1
    ADW EX V.1.3.3.56

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bigdrew

bigdrew Member

I don't use contact folders but I just tried one on the wallpaper instead of the dock and I got the same result. Also on cm7.1. You should check to see if a bug report has been filed.

Matzah Man likes this.
  3. Matzah Man

Matzah Man Newbie

Probably a pretty novice question... but where would I check for a bug report?

Thanks,
    M.