1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ADW launcher EX?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by azzywazzy, May 17, 2011.

1. azzywazzy

azzywazzy Newbie

does anyone recommend downloading ADW launcher EX? is it worth it?
    do you loose anything?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast

It's feature packed. I've always used it on my Android phones, but I experienced a lot of force closes when I used it on my Inspire. Your mileage may vary, because I use a lot of widgets and a live wallpaper from time to time. The force closes were bad enough to stop using it. Now I use LauncherPro Plus with the exact same setup and it handles it a lot better.

3. azzywazzy

azzywazzy Newbie

i have a htc desire hd wat would u recommend

4. Simba501

Simba501 Android Enthusiast

Our phones are identical. I'd recommend LauncherPro.

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

I prefer Launcher Pro too, although I didn't have any problems with either.

6. azzywazzy

azzywazzy Newbie

ok thanks. is it free or do you have to pay and do you loose stuff and does it effect battery life

7. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Both of them have free and paid versions: AWD Launcher and ADW Launcher EX, Launcher Pro and Launcher Pro plus. So you can always give both a try, especially if you're worried about comparability issues.

You will lose access to the built in HTC widgets, as they only work on the HTC Sense launcher. You can find replacements/alternatives in the market though if you look hard enough. The paid version of launcher pro does offer some widgets of it's own too, if that's of interest.

It shouldn't affect your battery life no, as the HTC Sense launcher no longer needs to be running all the time, so it ought to balance out.

8. azzywazzy

azzywazzy Newbie

thank u very much. it is legal rite

9. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

I'm not sure what you mean. Both apps have their free and paid versions legally available in the market, if that's what you're thinking. :)

10. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Android Enthusiast

I use Launcher Pro Plus. Been very happy with it, only app I've ever felt the need to pay for

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews