• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ADW Launcher

Danny_Boy82

Sep 14, 2011
ATX
So I just got my TB last week and while I havent rooted I really want to start making it my own. I d/l ADW launcher and the Black ADW theme, I really love the black icon look, but once i got it d/l'ed it was really laggy. When in the app drawer it would not slide to new pages, often picking up the first app my finger comes to and dropping it on the home screen. Also, it would not go to my messages through the message icon that comes with that theme.

Would running ADW over the stock launcher cause it to run this way or is there something in the setting I can change to get it to run smoother?

If I could get it to run with minimal issues I would upgrade to paid versions, but I just dont want to spend the money if its not going to work to my liking.

Oh, propbably a noob question but will ADW themes run with other luanchers, i.e. LauncherPro?

TIA

Opps ment to post it with the "Support" prefix. sorry.

Yeah a reboot seemed to make it run smoother. However I am not totally in love with the launcher, I actually kinda like Rosie :). Also, the theme I am running is the black ADW theme, which really doesnt have many black icons...has anyone used one that has a majority of black icons?

getting closer to rooting....

Upvote 0
Just Root it :p

on a more serious note, you can remove all iwidgets from the Rosie...even if you are not using the Rosie, those widgets are using up resources.

2nd, try another launcher. i have tried to like ADW but i just cant do it. i have always gone back to Launcher Pro (plus version has some nice HTC looking widgets) or Go launcher.

as for the bult in messaging icon, it is probably mapped to a different messaging app that other OS's use. just longpress on it and change the shortcut or drag the stock messaging icon over to that spot.

themes are kinda hit and miss. you really cant get everything themed unless you do it yourself. themers are going to theme the stock apps and then go onto the major apps in the market and forget about the others. and they will usually theme just AOSP apps which wouldn't include the sense apps.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys --

I'm not so much worried about free as I am about getting something that a rookie like myself can easily install/navigate/use.

I did discover, thanks to re-reading the screen thread, Icon Pack - Droidicon (havent installed) that says it will let me customize icons w/o a custom launcher, I just have to get Desktop VisualizeR.

I hope it works like I think it will, so that I don't have to bloat my phone with a 2nd launcher.

why am I not rooted???

Wait is icon pack - droidicon a launcher?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones