• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite Launcher after trying ADW?

• ADW

Votes: 80 41.2%
  • LauncherPro

Votes: 78 40.2%
  • Sense

Votes: 21 10.8%
  • Home

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
wow! Ok I just downloaded this and I am liking it. I also like launcherpro., but holy hell i just tried to change my wallpaper using astro and I got stuck in the nastiest force close loop ever! lol freaken sucked, didnt want to do a batt pull, but finally got the power button to pop up between force close messages, and turned the phone off. has this happened to anyone else? or am i just that lucky?:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
wow! Ok I just downloaded this and I am liking it. I also like launcherpro., but holy hell i just tried to change my wallpaper using astro and I got stuck in the nastiest force close loop ever! lol freaken sucked, didnt want to do a batt pull, but finally got the power button to pop up between force close messages, and turned the phone off. has this happened to anyone else? or am i just that lucky?:rolleyes:

Never happened to me, but why use astro to pick your wallpaper?

Upvote 0

That happened to me while testing out Helix... uninstalled due to that force close loop... it was like the song that never ends... it just goes on and on my friend... some people started singin' it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just becuase... it is the* FC... you get the idea.

Upvote 0
That happened to me while testing out Helix... uninstalled due to that force close loop... it was like the song that never ends... it just goes on and on my friend... some people started singin' it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just becuase... it is the* FC... you get the idea.

Yeah, I got that FC loop, too ... right after I gave the dev a "donation" to get access to the latest version. :mad:

There's no sign of a fix, and the dev claims he's too busy to spend much time fixing the app. So as far as Helix goes, it's goodbye and good riddance!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I got that FC loop, too ... right after I gave the dev a "donation" to get access to the latest version. :mad:

There's no sign of a fix, and the dev claims he's too busy to spend much time fixing the app. So as far as Helix goes, it's goodbye and good riddance!

yup... so far though, I am liking ADW.

I tried out launcher pro for a few minutes but it was missing ONE thing that made me switch back to ADW... In ADW I can set my home key to show/hide the notification bar....

I like the way ADW has the dock tray. It may only have two slots on the dock but it has six directly underneath it in the tray and that is cool.

Plus it is super fast on my phone.. no lag at all...

Probably donate a couple bucks to the Dev. after I decide if it is going to stay or not.

Upvote 0
FWIW, the latest version of LauncherPro gives you the ability to show/hide the notification bar, along with a number of other new features.

Really, you can't go wrong with either ADW or LauncherPro. I'm sticking with LauncherPro for now, because ADW has some really noticeable lag on my device, and I'm not a huge fan of the way its dock is set up ... but I'm keeping an eye on it for the future.

Upvote 0
I can't tell a difference between the standard Home and ADW's home, in terms of speed or anything. Just more pages, and places to put icons / shortcuts. I think it's pretty cool, but I think my wife would just shrug her shoulders and stick with the basics.

BTW - I have 54M memory free with ADW pretty loaded. (sorry - haven't figured out the screenshot thing yet)

Upvote 0
Why are so many people on here concerned about the bottom buttons? I leave the app drawer closed so that I see my 6 bottom buttons all the time. There is not that much use for going into the app drawer, especially if you have Apps Organizer, which is awesome. If I have to go in to the app drawer, I close up my 6 buttons and when I come out, I go back to the 6 buttons again.

I am a Home Replacement Whore. I have tried all of them and thought I was going to settle on Taghome since I didn't want to root just to get ADW. When it came to the market, I couldn't believe it. I am a HUGE fan.

It is the fastest on my Samsung Moment and it uses the least battery life. Oh, and did I mention the 6 buttons that I have no matter which screen I am in. LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones