1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General ADW luncher or Touchwiz?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chismay, Jun 3, 2011.

1. chismay

chismay Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    ASSISTANT HEAD CHEF
    LONDON
    so what are you guys using? if i download adw launcher will i be able to get touchwiz back easily if i change me mind?:thinking:

i have adw launcher installed with cyanogenmod 7 on a olf htc gsm hero ive noticed sometimes the menu button disappears and i would have to reboot to get it back or i couldnt access the app draw. anyone else got this bug?

im not sure if its the adw launcher or the cyanogenmod causing the problem.

Advertisement

2. aktifit

aktifit Well-Known Member
    None

May 24, 2011
    as long as you just use adw launcher without flashing your ace, you won't have to worry about loosing touchwiz. simply download it, press the home button and check the tickbox to set adw launcher as default.

if you want to go back to touchwiz just go
    settings->applications->adw launcher->clear defaults

so you can try them all out, i guess the most popular are adw launcher, launcherpro and golauncher. also consider that usually all the blingbling stuff comes at a cost so the ace might not handle it that well. live wallpapers for example make my ace crawl, and widgets don't seem to get along too well with it either because each of them uses memory and the system can't really stop them running.

i currently use stock launcher because i like the vanilla feel of it and also because it came with villainrom.

3. lespaul

lespaul Member
    None

May 20, 2011
    Graphic Designer
    dunno about this bug, but ADW works fine with my Ace (VillainRom), and my rooted LG Optimus Black (std rom).