1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Adware?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Charls Matthew, May 20, 2016.

1. Charls Matthew

None

May 20, 2016
    Male
    Hello, people told me that this is the best site for questions. I have a problem with my flare s4 cherry mobile lollipop. I accidentally download a damn adware in browser. And its really bugging me out. I can't delete it or forced or force stop it. Because the uninstalled button and forced stopped button is white and it has no name and its just a white thing that generates ads. Please help me. All helps are appreciated

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Hi, and welcome to Android Forums!

If the app has installed itself as a system app, then you would have two alternatives: root the device to gain access to the operating system files and surgically remove it; or reflash the operating system (or install a custom ROM if available). A factory reset will NOT fix this, since factory resets only wipe user data and do not affect the operating system. You can try an app called Malwarebytes (I love it), and see if it can detect and remove it.

Jfalls63 and lunatic59 like this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Check whether it has set itself as a "device administrator" (Settings > Security). If it has then untick that box and you may regain the ability to uninstall it.

Jfalls63 and lunatic59 like this.