• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AF login screen?

Hello, I just joined this site today and I keep getting redirected to Android Phone

It appears that I am logged in, as the top of the forum reads "Hello HopefulKayaker", and the "AF login" that page asks for does not seem to match my login credentials for the forum.

I've not been on the forums for more than 5 or 10 minutes, and it's already happened several times. Why is this happening, and can it be fixed?

EDIT: After submitting this thread, I've been attempting to browse the forums, and I get redirected every 30 seconds! I'm having a really hard time using the site having to constantly go back from that phantom page.

I'm sorry to report that after clearing my browser cache and logging back in, it's still happening. :-(

I do have a strange observation about this problem though: most of the time, when I attempt to use my browser's Back button to return to the page I was redirected from, I am taken TWO pages back - so I need to go Back, then Forward. I've never had this happen on another site, so it's probably related somehow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones