• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AF: New Forum Organization (FEEDBACK)

Rob

Galaxy S20 Ultra
News Moderator
Administrator
  • Mar 26, 2008
    androidforums.com
    We're making big changes, rethinking and reorganizing everything.

As such, you'll see the structure of categories and forums changing as we test things, most notably to include a wider spectrum of tech beyond Android. We're exploring ways to bring our "Channels" system of 1 forum for each "device" to this new site, but it's not something we want to rush- more forums also means more segmentation. As you see changes happening, please keep in mind that we're experimenting and trying our best to do what's right for the community going forward!

How would YOU like to see our content re-organized? What are some sites/forums/brands you LOVE that you'd like to see us emulate in terms of features or design? What are things you DISLIKE that you hope won't come back?

I really like the return of the"new post" on the main homepage. Please keep this. The way it was before, a member might post in an old thread, but you will not see it unless you head on over to the exact forum. The way it is now is great because more people will have eyes on the new posts in older threads.... thus getting help faster.

Can we get the old emoji's back? I loved those very much. Or can we get more options for emojis?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I really like the return of the"new post" on the main homepage. Please keep this. The easy it was before, a member might post in an old thread, but you will not see it unless you hear on over to the exact forum. The way it is now is great because more people will have eyes on the new posts in older threads.... thus getting help faster.

Can we get the old emoji's back? I loved those very much. Or can we get more options for emojis?
    I'm glad that "New Posts" is there also. First place I start.

Upvote 0
    Just logged in for the first time in awhile. I'm loving the 'new' layout. It reminds me of the old AF. A lot easier on the eyes. Faster loading on this 16 year old Windows 7 laptop. Don't change it it's fine!

Well, there's one thing I'd love to see if it's possible. Is there any way to ditch the 'round' avatars or have options for square? That's one thing I've never liked, not since iOS 7 or Android 5.0. I never understood what dictate of 'modern' design required round shapes.

Are the blob emojis gone? I hope not. That's one part of Android I miss and it's nice to see them alive and well in the forums (well, given I'm using an S4 mini, I have to live with Samsung's Touchwiz versions that are like Apple **cough**)

Still hoping for a 'old tech' area for us old folks who love vintage electronics or even 'outdated' smartphones (some of us still use 'em!) or maybe vintage laptops/PC gaming? I haven't found a proper 'home' for that subject matter and I am tired of derailing threads like an angry man yelling at clouds. For example, I'd love to talk about some of my vintage radios or even this 16 year old Dell Vostro.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I was able to at least get square avatars on Internet Explorer 8 (kinda surprised the forum even loads!) but the rest of the layout was sorta broken so I'm just gonna stick to this Firefox 52 which looks better but sadly with round avatars. The round look just bugs the living heck out of me. I never liked it when iOS 7 or Android 5.x released. Never quite understood the point. (hate how it cuts Jack's right ear and antler off too)

Not sure if it's even possible with Xenforo software (I admit I have zero knowledge how forum software even works) but it's just a request. At least we now have a nice dark theme.

Upvote 0
    I am reluctant to change, but this is your site, and so your right.

Anyway, my biggest issue is that while I am typing what I am typing will eventually move down below the keyboard, forcing me to manually swipe upwards if I want to see what I am typing.

I have tried changing the size of the keyboard (normally this fixes such an issue on various other sites), even going so small that typing became excruciatingly difficult, and the result was the same.

As my vision deteriates, it has become a must to see what I am typing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones