• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AF Treasure Trove

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my favorite thread, because this is the one that started it all for me and lots of others. The Huawei Ascend was in its time the most affordable Android on the market, and allowed tens of thousands of people to introduce themselves to Android. People who found the cost of smartphone ownership to be prohibitive, were finally allowed in the game. This is why this is my favorite thread. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the Huawei Ascend.

not entering the contest (have never won any sort of contest in my life, Lol)

Just wanted to add a side note about the ascend and the guide mentioned..

Dana has a good point, before the ascend I rarely saw androids being used on Miami transit that didn't cost a paycheck for most people. Even though you can't buy them new (to my knowledge) I still get pm's regarding the phone and specifically this guide (I wrote it) and respond ASAP.

For a lower income bracket the ascend was, is and, will still be, the first android many people use.
I have a ton of thank-you letters from users who were android illiterate who are no longer so nervous about roms and recovery.

Being able to create this guide, and thus the door for new users to the phan club, would not have been possible without the phandroid forums, as we all were once learning about androids on 600mhz devices at one point... the difference is the ascend was 150 and the guide is "priceless"

I am honored to have my (now mildly neglected ) work of love selected to be included in this contest.

Reactions: danaj and EarlyMon
Upvote 0
For my entry into the contest my favorite post is:

Verizon will not honor grandfathered unlimited data if you upgrade this summer onward

The reason why this is my favorite post is because I have an old unlimited data plan, and if it wasn't for this post I would have never known about what Verizon has in stored. Verizon is historically is not the best when comes to communicating new changes, so this give me some good food for thought on whether I wanted to continue my service or if I wanted to an upgrade.

Upvote 0
Reactions: B2L
Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-incredible/70029-how-do-you-manage-sleep-your-phone.html

HTC Droid Incredible was my first smartphone (day one purchase, used for 2 years)... I was completely enthralled by the device -- the speed, the power, the screen! Guess you could say I fell in love with it!

Way back when I first read the subject line "How do you manage to sleep with your phone" many lols were had and for some reason, I heard Chef (from South Park) singing "Gonna lay you down by the fire..." :p Still brings me a chuckle.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
New member, but from what I've seen from other members links, I am going to find the site VERY useful once I get a Nexus 7.

I've chose the following thread:

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/5930-definitive-androids-folder-structure.html

I'm well versed in the Apple ecosystem, I yearn for the good old Dos days where if you don't know where to look for something you can't use the device at all.

So this thread is great for those familiar with other OS directory structures but who are new to Android.

Whether I win or not, I've bookmarked that link and a few others some other user's have posted and look forward to a lot of reading I'll be doing here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones