• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AF Website LOADED with Viruses! Am i infected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While trying to access the site via Chrome, prior to installing the app. I was bombarded with pop-ups advising me to download various bs, redirecting me to various Google Play apps. Idk if its just my device, but is it possible i now have a virus on my Android phone? I did not download any of the pop-ups, but can you get a bug/virus on Android devices by just accesing sites? Or does it require direct downloads?

On Android you need to actually install malware. The most a dodgy ad server can do is download it to your phone, but if you don't click on the installer (and have unknown sources enabled) it can't install itself. This isn't Windows ;)

This is why the major malware infection route is hiding it inside an app: that way the victim will do the installing for you.

Upvote 0
While trying to access the site via Chrome, prior to installing the app. I was bombarded with pop-ups advising me to download various bs, redirecting me to various Google Play apps. Idk if its just my device, but is it possible i now have a virus on my Android phone? I did not download any of the pop-ups, but can you get a bug/virus on Android devices by just accesing sites? Or does it require direct downloads?
Or just install adaway if your rooted

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones