• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Affordable prepaid phones

bob60626

Android Enthusiast
Jan 27, 2012
Chicago
It looks like there are some nice options, fwiw-
Lg L9- 200 online at TMO, apparently 200-50 at Best Buy if you pay with a Mastercard.
S2- Still 330 at Walmart online with a thirty dollar card.
Exhibit 2- 200 online with a fifty dollar card.
Blaze- 300 online with a fifty dollar card.

I think my Walmart S2 was about 360 after shipping and taxes.

It looks like there are some nice options, fwiw-
Lg L9- 200 online at TMO, apparently 200-50 at Best Buy if you pay with a Mastercard.
S2- Still 330 at Walmart online with a thirty dollar card.
Exhibit 2- 200 online with a fifty dollar card.
Blaze- 300 online with a fifty dollar card.

I think my Walmart S2 was about 360 after shipping and taxes.

i don't see where best buy has the L9.

Upvote 0
My S2 @ walmart was 315$, they do not make you buy the 30$ card. Wifes L9 was 210$. They work on contract plans. I know people are always looking at prepaid MVNOs to save a buck, but if you bring a phone like I did you can do tmo contract for less than 90$/month for the 2 lines. Thats a couple bucks cheaper than most, and we never hit close to 1000 minutes. You can also roam and use tmo talk over wifi feature. 79.99 + taxes and fees unlimited data (2 gb hispeed), I love it.

Upvote 0
I saw the L9 today. You can get a new one for around $250. That is cheap with a 4.5" screen. OK, the processor is only 1Ghz but it doesnt matter.

I got an l9. They're $200 off contract at best buy. It's only a 1ghz processor, but it is dual core and I must say the phone runs shockingly well. Much smoother and faster than other dual cores with faster processors that I've tried. And it's 4G, what more could you want?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones