• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

aForum: needs to be banned!!!

cc4525

Mar 19, 2010
texas
Well I have had an Eris for a while..and coming from a Blackberry..I was completely lost....I just knew I wanted Android..Well at first..learning my phone using trial and error was my way of doing things..till I figured out that there were forums out there that has a whole community waiting to assist..(yay Phandroid)..so I learned a bit..even enough to help others..I decided to download a few forum apps on my phone..AForum seemed to be the best..considering..there was more useful info rather than late nite teen talk..no offense teens..I read the reviews and others seemed to think the same( other than a lot of complaints about being banned for no reason..I was not worried..since I dont cuss or annoy..or do anything really that would ban me..) so I started reading threads..some good..some pointless.some informative...I decided to create my first thread...I had read that eris was updating due to lagging phone after the recent OTA update..I actually was trying to help others by telling them what i did to get a better phone..since verizon store was not willing to help me..I simply explained how a bit of finesse..smoothtalk..lol(as I heard from somewhere) and a call to customer service could actually get someone a better phone(which is how I did it..replacement eris..rooted and all)..since eris is discontinued..thats it..just advice..no sales..no website links..nothing..pure advice..anyway.. I got my first reply..YAY..well the reply was **** you ******** spam..and I was banned..WHAT??? I am a 32 yr old mom with 5 kids...I barely have time to send an email..much less google..to find out how to send spam to a stupid forum that makes no difference to me whether it stays or goes..The review for this app (and all others by this dev as far as im concerned.)is a flat out..Worse app in my download list..and responce time to why i was banned????no responce time..cause they simply want to be IN CHARGE...are the devs children??? If not..they sure seem to be..and have much time on their hands..maybe they could spend more time developing job skills for themselves..I dont believe BANNING is a skill that will get them very far.. anyway..just sayin.... thanx for reading my review..I made it very long intentionally...one.. to prove I am upset enough about an app that i postponed dinner..and 2...I could sure use another phone..lol..My Eris has had its day..

OP - sorry to hear of your trouble. I would be frustrated if I were in your situation.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and appreciate the range of knowledge shared and the enforcement of a civil tone.

However I must comment as it gave me a headache to read: PLEASE, for the love of everything Holy in the world, reformat your post using proper sentences, paragraphs, and periods.

Upvote 0
OP - sorry to hear of your trouble. I would be frustrated if I were in your situation.

I've been lurking on this forum for a while, and appreciate the range of knowledge shared and the enforcement of a civil tone.

However I must comment as it gave me a headache to read: PLEASE, for the love of everything Holy in the world, reformat your post using proper sentences, paragraphs, and periods.

At least you read it... lol I couldn't stand looking at it long enough to even being to do so...

Upvote 0
Well I have had an Eris for a while..and coming from a Blackberry..I was completely lost....I just knew I wanted Android..Well at first..learning my phone using trial and error was my way of doing things..till I figured out that there were forums out there that has a whole community waiting to assist..(yay Phandroid)..so I learned a bit..even enough to help others..I decided to download a few forum apps on my phone..AForum seemed to be the best..considering..there was more useful info rather than late nite teen talk..no offense teens..I read the reviews and others seemed to think the same( other than a lot of complaints about being banned for no reason..I was not worried..since I dont cuss or annoy..or do anything really that would ban me..) so I started reading threads..some good..some pointless.some informative...I decided to create my first thread...I had read that eris was updating due to lagging phone after the recent OTA update..I actually was trying to help others by telling them what i did to get a better phone..since verizon store was not willing to help me..I simply explained how a bit of finesse..smoothtalk..lol(as I heard from somewhere) and a call to customer service could actually get someone a better phone(which is how I did it..replacement eris..rooted and all)..since eris is discontinued..thats it..just advice..no sales..no website links..nothing..pure advice..anyway.. I got my first reply..YAY..well the reply was **** you ******** spam..and I was banned..WHAT??? I am a 32 yr old mom with 5 kids...I barely have time to send an email..much less google..to find out how to send spam to a stupid forum that makes no difference to me whether it stays or goes..The review for this app (and all others by this dev as far as im concerned.)is a flat out..Worse app in my download list..and responce time to why i was banned????no responce time..cause they simply want to be IN CHARGE...are the devs children??? If not..they sure seem to be..and have much time on their hands..maybe they could spend more time developing job skills for themselves..I dont believe BANNING is a skill that will get them very far.. anyway..just sayin.... thanx for reading my review..I made it very long intentionally...one.. to prove I am upset enough about an app that i postponed dinner..and 2...I could sure use another phone..lol..My Eris has had its day..
Say what? Could you try writing that in a coherent manner then I might have a clue what you are trying to say?

Upvote 0
Boy it sure is good that she posts here in this forum where everyone is so understanding and kind.
:rolleyes:

sloppy grammar does not make the poor thing the target of choice.

It IS crappy to make a genuine post on a forum and get insta-banned for no damned reason.

Next time one of you guys takes time to post something and get your ass booted then by all means PM me so I can mock you too.

Reactions: mema2.1
Upvote 0
Boy it sure is good that she posts here in this forum where everyone is so understanding and kind.
:rolleyes:

sloppy grammar does not make the poor thing the target of choice.

It IS crappy to make a genuine post on a forum and get insta-banned for no damned reason.

Next time one of you guys takes time to post something and get your ass booted then by all means PM me so I can mock you too.
Is that what happened? Can't tell from the original post. She is obviously upset, but I couldn't understand what she was saying, and I read through the whole thing twice.

She has to at least make an effort to be understood, by writing in a (somewhat) coherent manner, otherwise she is inviting the "mocking" posts.

Upvote 0
Let's see if this helps those of you with little patience and low memory (the latter refers to the fact that Phases and company have stated that we are not grammar police...):

becomes

Well I have had an Eris for a while, and coming from a Blackberry, I was completely lost.

I just knew I wanted Android.

Well at first, learning my phone using trial and error was my way of doing things, till I figured out that there were forums out there that has a whole community waiting to assist (yay Phandroid).

So I learned a bit, even enough to help others, I decided to download a few forum apps on my phone.

AForum seemed to be the best, considering, there was more useful info rather than late nite teen talk (no offense teens)

I read the reviews and others seemed to think the same (other than a lot of complaints about being banned for no reason - I was not worried, since I don't cuss {sic} or annoy, or do anything really that would ban me)

So I started reading threads, some good, some pointless, some informative

I decided to create my first thread. I had read that eris was updating due to lagging phone after the recent OTA update. I actually was trying to help others by telling them what i did to get a better phone, since verizon store was not willing to help me, I simply explained how a bit of finesse, smoothtalk, lol (as I heard from somewhere) and a call to customer service could actually get someone a better phone (which is how I did it, replacement eris, rooted and all), since eris is discontinued.

Thats it, just advice, no sales, no website links, nothing - pure advice

Anyway, I got my first reply - YAY! Well the reply was **** you ******** spam, and I was banned.

WHAT??? I am a 32 yr old mom with 5 kids - I barely have time to send an email, much less google, to find out how to send spam to a stupid forum that makes no difference to me whether it stays or goes.

The review for this app (and all others by this dev as far as im concerned) is a flat out "Worse app" in my download list.

And responce time to why i was banned???? No responce time, cause they simply want to be IN CHARGE.

Are the devs children??? If not, they sure seem to be, and have much time on their hands. Maybe they could spend more time developing job skills for themselves. I dont believe BANNING is a skill that will get them very far.

anyway, just sayin. Thanx for reading my review. I made it very long intentionally 1) to prove I am upset enough about an app that i postponed dinner, and 2 I could sure use another phone lol - My Eris has had its day

ende

Now, all of ya quitcherbitching and figure out what she is trying to say....

Reactions: mema2.1
Upvote 0
Johngalt,
Thank you for your time and effort clarifying the OP. Oddly enough I actually understood the original (I have crummy handwriting so I’m used to trying to delve through gibberish). I think she was posting from her phone and was having problems.
Anyway I do feel for the OP as she got a short shake. I just hope she doesn’t give up on the forums on one bad experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones