• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root After 2.1 Root, Can't turn off alarm

OUScooby

Apr 18, 2010
NoHo
Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I did the 2.1 root upgrade and adding the nexus goodies, and removing the htc lock screen by following the instructions in the sticky. After doing this when I set an alarm I am unable to turn it off. I suspect it has to do with removing the htc lock screen because it used to be that I would have buttons on the lockscreen to snooze or turn off the alarm. Now the only way to stop an alarm is to turn off the phone and turn it back on. How can I fix this?

no need to completely abandon a ROM just because of a little alarm clock. d/ling an app is much simpler ;)

For me it is totally a deal breaker! I rely on the alarm clock as my only means of getting up. Luckily with aloysius I have ring droid to add the sounds to my alarm. I heard there was a file of stock rigntones for the alarm but I have no idea how to put it on.

Do I just unzip it in the root or do I have to push it on using sdk?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones