• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After a few hours, new phone won't turn on...

jkats16

Lurker
Sep 27, 2011
I within a few hours of having this brand new phone from AT&T, it starts to lag very bad and I attempt to power it off. It says powering off for a long time until I press the home button and it suddenly turned off. Now I cannot turn it back on and I've tried many button combinations but nothing. The light still goes green though when I'm charging it. The only things I've installed on their is Gameboid, and Snesoid along with a few ROMS. And I also installed one app for wallpapers and ringtons but that's about it.

Anybody know what could be wrong? D:

The only thing I can suggest to do is run a repair via Sony Ericsson Update Service
aino
or via PC Companion to see if this totally resets the phone. You will wipe your device clean but as its currently unusable then its about the only thing you can do short of returning it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones