1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support After a few hours, new phone won't turn on...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkats16, Sep 27, 2011.

1. jkats16

jkats16 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    I within a few hours of having this brand new phone from AT&T, it starts to lag very bad and I attempt to power it off. It says powering off for a long time until I press the home button and it suddenly turned off. Now I cannot turn it back on and I've tried many button combinations but nothing. The light still goes green though when I'm charging it. The only things I've installed on their is Gameboid, and Snesoid along with a few ROMS. And I also installed one app for wallpapers and ringtons but that's about it.

Anybody know what could be wrong? D:

Advertisement

2. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    The only thing I can suggest to do is run a repair via Sony Ericsson Update Service [​IMG] or via PC Companion to see if this totally resets the phone. You will wipe your device clean but as its currently unusable then its about the only thing you can do short of returning it.

3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    Also once you have done as Rosered has recommended I would also advise backing up and the formatting the memory card in case there is corrupt data there that may be the root cause of the problem.

Main Menu > Settings > Storage > Unmount SD Card > Erase SD Card