• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After froyo, gmail is no longer pushed instantly. Any ideas?

MisterB

Dec 25, 2009
I did the official update today. I didn't mess with the one over the weekend.

I use the gmail app for email. Emails are not being pushed instantly as they always have. Did a battery pull, and checked the sync settings, and they are all set to sync as they should be.

Any ideas?

I am running into this problem as well. I thought it used to be as long as google talk was running (not signed in) then it would push. I started google talk and then signed out and it used to be it would still be in running applications. now it doesnt do that.

not sure what will fix this or if its just a temp thing (because gmail has never been consistent in my experience with this phone).

Upvote 0
I am running into this problem as well. I thought it used to be as long as google talk was running (not signed in) then it would push. I started google talk and then signed out and it used to be it would still be in running applications. now it doesnt do that.

not sure what will fix this or if its just a temp thing (because gmail has never been consistent in my experience with this phone).

Weird. Yeah, they need to get this fixed. I need instant email, and would prefer that over the new features this update brings in other areas.

Upvote 0
Mine still shows up on the phone before my PC with Froyo.

It will be interesting to see what is causing the issue some of you are having.

Are you using a task killer?

Nope. No task killer. I do run 3 gmail accounts, but that has never been a problem in the past. All of them have always been pushed instantly on the evo until this update.

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, for the people that have it working, is your google talk running in application? and if so, are you signed in or is the application just running?
Interestingly enough no my Talk is not running and neither is the Google Talk service that always seemed to be running before. But my push gmail is working perfectly

Upvote 0
i run three gmail accts ( in addition to exchange and a mixture of 6 pop/imap accounts) also and all are being updated/pushed just as on desktop. im stock unrooted and am on the FOTA'ed 2.2 update. im not currently using Gtalk. google voice updates normally also. perhaps a profile update and /or another soft boot...?

Thanks. I tried all of that after you mentioned it, but it still isn't working right.

Upvote 0
Just a question: for those that have two accounts with ONE no longer pushing, is it the non-primary one no longer pushing? The one that is NOT associated with Gtalk, gvoice, etc?

And have you tried removing the primary one that is working now and making the one that is NOT working the only account on the phone?

Upvote 0
Mine works and i got 2 gmail accounts on .3 build. I also did a a hard reset and reinstated everything and all things pushed correctly.

They hard reset
Download the network info app switch to gsm back out and change back to cdma prl
Then update your prl settings>system updates>update prl

That process worked wonders but since the hard reset I had to redo everything on my phone including downloading new apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones