• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

After ICS, the phone screen still goes blank

Just installed ICS on my Note.
I thought after ICS, the phone would look to see if you were in front of it, and keep the screen from going blank. Or is that feature only on the Galaxy 3? I played with the Proximity sensor, makes no difference whether the box is checked or not, though I am leaving it not checked. Played with the power saving settings, both boxes are not checked. Also in Display settings, screen timeout is 10 minutes, and Auto Adjust screen power - I checked then unchecked that box, no difference.
I hate it when I am on an insurance company phone tree and the screen goes blank before I have finished listening, and writing down what the insurance company is telling me.
Why couldn't the give us a box that leaves the screen on during a phone call? Is it that difficult to do? My phone is on the charger while I am on these calls, so power saving is not an issue for me.
DANG!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones