• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After jellybean, wifi and 3G go out

Mine on JB is acting normally. I played with it quite a bit yesterday and never noticed a drop out. I hate to say it, but Trophy's suggestion of a factory reset is probably the next thing to try. It's a fairly common thing to have to do after a major upgrade like this. It's a PITA because you then have to set up everything on your phone again.

In case you don't know, a factory reset in this instance won't actually make your phone look like it did from the factory. It will still be running JB after the reset. What it does is wipe all of your personal settings and apps from the phone.

Upvote 0
Mine on JB is acting normally. I played with it quite a bit yesterday and never noticed a drop out. I hate to say it, but Trophy's suggestion of a factory reset is probably the next thing to try. It's a fairly common thing to have to do after a major upgrade like this. It's a PITA because you then have to set up everything on your phone again.

In case you don't know, a factory reset in this instance won't actually make your phone look like it did from the factory. It will still be running JB after the reset. What it does is wipe all of your personal settings and apps from the phone.

I dont mind doing a factory reset if it fixes the problem, but will this wipe all contact data, pictures/videos, etc? Or just the downloaded apps and accounts I have on my phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones