• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

After Marshmallow update, alarm app not working

Mick Angel

Lurker
Mar 24, 2015
So I finally figured out that it's a new thing called Doze? And it kills all apps after a certain amount of time. Does anyone know how to turn this off totally, or even for certain apps? I tried googling it but I can't find any instructions for the galaxy s5 in particular. My alarm app must be getting killed in the middle of the night. It's pretty annoying. Thanks for any help!!

As far as I know, there is no way to turn off Doze. I wish there was because it's causing me problems with IMAP email and doesn't actually work like it supposed do. In any case, you can try adding your alarm app in the Battery Optimization settings under power in settings. It should be set to "not optimized". That may solve the problem for you.

Upvote 0
Thank you Mick Angel! I forgot I Hid the Clock app because I have always used a different app. So I'm trying it tonight with the optimizer turned off for the stock Clock app and using that as my alarm for now. It didn't work on my Alarm Clock Extreme App but maybe it will with the phone app. I've found that the only other issue I have is with Priority settings. On the old OS it worked beautifully so I could get calls and messages from my Favorites list. Now, I'm not sure because the Do Not Disturb doesn't seem to automatically turn on and off every day. These are really the only issues I've had with Marshmallow. Since I just got my phone in November I thought I had a better chance with the new OS because I really do not want to do a Factory Reset! Any other suggestions are appreciated!

Upvote 0
As of today everything seems to be back, Do Not Disturb and the new Doze feature work beautifully. My favorite alarm app, Alarm Clock Extreme, is working again as the developer just updated it to Marshmallow and worked out all the bugs! Hooray! If any of you are having issues with Doze or Do Not Disturb, maybe your cell manufacturer is taking its own sweet time to work out the bugs. I have an LGV10 that I bought in November. I updated it in March so it has taken almost two months for my phone to be normal again. I really did not want to do a reset and now I don't have to!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones