1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

After new ROM, any way to get screens laid out way they were?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WS6Fury, Sep 14, 2011.

1. WS6Fury

WS6Fury Newbie

Takes a while to set up the various screens with the widgets, folders with apps, and all the apps on my screen. Have titanium installed but don't see this as an option.

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

It's not an option, you have to manually do it.

3. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

mine would reset everything but widgets when I would do a system data restore from titanium and a reboot

4. WS6Fury

WS6Fury Newbie

System data restore, is this recommended if going from liberation rom to inc.signed.4.06.605.3.stock.plus rom?

Or not worth trying it for fear of suffering consequences? Did a nandriod of my latest setup so could just revert to that...

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I've never tried it but I'd think in theory you could use Titanium to restore [DESKTOP]HTC Sense x.xxx........

However, it's system data so I wouldn't even think of it unless I were installing the same version of Sense to a rom running the same version of OS. (I.E. Sense 1.0 to a different GB 2.3.4 Rom).

Probably not a lot of scenarios where that would apply. So if you did all apps + system data (which I almost never do), then they should restore to the same locations also. It's just a risky proposition in most circumstances. I've also noticed that widgets don't seem to "take".

WS6Fury likes this.
  6. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

I should say that I have only done that on sense roms maybe it was user data, not system data

I'm not 100% but if you try and and it doesn't work, wipe and reflash

7. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

If you use an alternative launcher like.launcher pro plus. You cam backup and restore homescreen layout going from rom to rom.

Miui has its own backup which backsup layout from release to release staying with miui

WS6Fury likes this.
  8. WS6Fury

WS6Fury Newbie

Ok cool, I'll err on side of caution then and take my time with this. Little glitches here and there annoy me, same token I like to tweak... bad combo lol!!