1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

after reset, I can't use my phone, only "get started" screen

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by sascha2018, Aug 13, 2018.

1. sascha2018

sascha2018 Lurker

I bought sony xperia XA1 (model F3111, firmware 1.0, android 7) in sept.2017, I used it one month in Denmark, than I tried to use it in Serbia after 10 months and I could not remember pattern/password, I typed 30 times wrong pattern to reset the phone. after reset, I get only "welcome screen: get started".
    then "get started" brings me to the "Login with former gmail account you used on this device", but I can't remember what email account I used because I just created some google account in sept.2017, I don't use google for my email activities. so, I can't use my phone, android push me to use former gmail to sign in, I can't remember it, I bought sim card in serbia, telenor, but I can't activate it *111# to use it, I get always "welcome screen, get started" and that's all. I made new gmail account, but it said always: wait 24 hours to sign in because password was changedl; it is bla bla, it is just created google account, but it is not accepted by my android. so, how can I avoid this android problem with google and start to use my phone?
    I have on the screen icons of battery, antenna and wifi, it means, the phone recognized new sim card in a new country, my phone is not locked to any operater.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Dannydet, Aug 13, 2018 (1 points)
  3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

You're going to need your old Gmail account and password.
    No work arounds....

4. sascha2018

sascha2018 Lurker

thank you, I will have to see if it is possible to install other OS on this phone.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I'm not sure even that will do it. A ROM flash certainly won't, even a full reflash I'm not sure: this is an anti-theft mechanism, and if I were designing it that would be such an obvious way of bypassing the protection that I'd design it deliberately to survive that.

If you remember the account name you created you may be able to recover it.

This has been installed on all android phones released with 5.0 or later, so it's been a standard feature for the last 5 years. Google "factory reset protection" for more information.

lunatic59 and Dannydet like this.
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

That won;t work.

Dannydet likes this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

You'd still have to setup a new identity snd psssword.

@sascha2018 World travelers need multiple SIM cards.

I'm confined to one country. But; Even in the US different Carriers work better.

Just don't get a CDMA phone. No SIM card.

Dannydet likes this.