1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

after rooting, my brightness..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mkmkmk93, Sep 13, 2011.

1. mkmkmk93

mkmkmk93 Lurker

ok, after i rooted the phone using the superoneclick,

the display got too extreme, that it irritates my eyeballs lol.

i tried to changed the brightness in the setting, no, it's not working.

For example, You guys know a app called pingchat?
    you know how the background is black?

For me, it's like grey.......

and you know the pattern thingy was like dark greenish?
    now it's yellow green.................=(

I think some of the setting in rooting changed the contrast of the color, so everything is so extreme.

Like, i don't know how to explain this guys.
    All i can say is, black is grey, grey is ....brighter grey...

any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert

try not to temper with ur 600 dollar phone. samsung did not make the phone rooted for a reason

3. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

I must say that I am not a big fan of rooting the SGSII with SuperOneClick as it has been shown to cause issues.

[Q] Please help with opening superoneclick galaxy s2 - xda-developers

I would suggest doing a full wipe of your handset and using the preferred method of rooting, here to see if this helps:-

[12.09.2011][CF-Root v4.1] KE2/7/8, KF1/2/3/4, KG1/2/3/5/6/7, KH1/3/4 - su+bb+CWM4 - xda-developers

For more information and advice on rooting, see slug's thread here:-

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-...uide-updated-22-05-pm-bst-sept-12-2011-a.html

Hope this helps. :D

(for future reference mkmkmk93, this should be posted in the SGSII, "All Things Root" section of the forum. Where I'm sure a mod will move it to any minute now!)

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-all-things-root/

Samsung actually took the step of sending free SGSII to developers to help them out. In fact, the SGSII is one of the easiest phones I've come across to root and customise because Samsung, unlike HTC and some others, did not lock down their boot loader.

Whilst I agree that rooting is not for complete novices who are not technically competent with computers and smartphones, with some research, reading and Googling it can be done successfully, and has been, by hundreds of thousands of users worldwide.

4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Sorry but how's that helpful? Firstly the phones already been rooted/ tampered with. Secondly the pros outweigh the cons for rooting many times over.

Anyway ironass' solution seems a safe bet.

ironass likes this.