1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root After SuperOneClick?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JonKimJV, Jan 11, 2012.

1. JonKimJV

JonKimJV Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    Hello. I've just rooted successfully with SuperOneClick and have the Superuser app. The problem is I'm completely clueless on how to use this stuff. When I click the app, all it says is "No apps in list" and "No log information." What do I have to do to do stuff like ICS and overclock and all the other stuff as well? What kind of other stuff can I do now that it is rooted?

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    You have lots and lots of reading to do my friend

I am going to move this to the root section for you. Check out the all things root sticky there first. I will pop in with more detailed stuff for you soon.

3. JonKimJV

JonKimJV Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    I'm sorry. I tried to read stuff about it but everything is so different and confusing. I've read the guide and I don't think I can figure anything out still.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    I will definitely try and help some more bit am running on a few hours of sleep.

Can you elaborate on what confusion you have in the meantime

Sometimes it takes taking a few breaths and slowing down just a bit.

Also let me know exactly what you want to accomplish. Just because it is there doesn't mean ya have to do it

5. JonKimJV

JonKimJV Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2011
    Well I still don't know how many doors rooting can open exactly but I would at least like to customize my UI to my liking and be able to overclock and tether. It might be a dumb question but even if I do tether, my mobile data is still being used right? I've read abit more and I think I need a ROM to change my UI? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    Please understand that though it can be done, tethering without paying for At&T's tether service is against at&T's terms of service. We are not permitted to discus ways of circumventing that on this forum. At&t does not view tethering without the tethering plan to be "using your data" They required you to pay for that option

Customizing the UI can be done with a new rom, or with apps from the market. Check out go launcher, launcher pro, zeem and others

Over locking will require a custom kernel, or custom rom already containing a custom kernel.

7. Thao92

Thao92 Lurker
    None

Jan 12, 2012
    i have a problem, trying to unlock my samsung galaxy s 4g. i just rooted my phone with superoneclick and installed,super user, busy box and unlock galaxy s.
    the problem is when i go to "unlock galaxy s" and try to unlock it it gave me an message "you have a busybox problem, fix it. or if you have your phone plugged in your computer, unplug it"
    and when i press on step one, it said "error not saved"
    what can i do to fix this, i have tried to re-installed the busy box but its still not working.

8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    Which galaxy s do you own?

9. heater35

heater35 Lurker
    None

Jul 16, 2012
    I am having the same problem with the busybox problem and the "error, not saved". I have a Galaxy SII LTE SGH- i727r. Is my version not compatible with this unlock app? Please help!